The Open 2018

triple_bogey

Tour Rookie
Visit site
There go the haters again, jumping the gun. Tiger had already spent some time earlier in the day signing autographs....... Pathetic.

I remember Jiménez doing the same thing at Lytham 2012 during his practice round, what a disgraceful despicable man. :thup:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I think the millions he gives to charity might balance things out.

Not imo it doesn’t, he can afford to do that, it makes no impact on his life whatsoever, it’s only money to him, but taking 30 seconds to sign some autographs also costs nothing but is a bigger gesture as it’s all about character, respect & kindness, your saying he can buy his way out of arrogant situations like this because he can afford to give and has given so much money away, so it’s excusable, well if he acts like what I’ve just watched he’s a bigger tosspot than what I had him down as before.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
There go the haters again, jumping the gun. Tiger had already spent some time earlier in the day signing autographs....... Pathetic.

I remember Jiménez doing the same thing at Lytham 2012 during his practice round, what a disgraceful despicable man. :thup:

What he did before is irrelevant, he waltzed straight through those kids who were waiting for him, his round was finished, why not stop for 30 seconds to sign those few autographs, those kids will probably only be there for the 1 day.

He’s a tool.

triple_bogey

Tour Rookie
Visit site
What he did before is irrelevant, he waltzed straight through those kids who were waiting for him, his round was finished, why not stop for 30 seconds to sign those few autographs, those kids will probably only be there for the 1 day.

He’s a tool.

His practice round wasn't over, he was in the middle of it. How blind sided can you get. It take a few minutes to find that out.
His money helps out kids from very poor impoverished backgrounds. Some go on to very successful careers because of it. And yet whilst he's working, he's suppose to sign for kids that most probably lead very comfortable lives. That makes him a tool? OK then....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

D

Deleted member 15344

His practice round wasn't over, he was in the middle of it. How blind sided can you get. It take a few minutes to find that out.
His money helps out kids from very poor impoverished backgrounds. Some go on to very successful careers because of it. And yet whilst he's working, he's suppose to sign for kids that most probably lead very comfortable lives. That makes him a tool? OK then....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

According to the commentators he had finished his practise round hence why he was walking off the way he was going.

It was a handful of kids , would have took 3 mins to sign their hats and then just walk on , he moved them out of the way

I suspect most of the other players would have stopped quickly - but going straight past or through the kids isn’t a new thing

Fish

Banned
Visit site

Yes, because your saying what he gives away then excuses that kind of behaviour, which it doesn’t & shouldn’t imo.

D

Deleted member 15344

In other news - Woods looks like he has tape on the neck - wonder if he is carrying an injury.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Do we really expect players to sign everyone’s items every time?

He hardly pushed the either. Simply put his had upon one as he went through. Generally there are signing areas the players go to for the fans. So I’d look at it differently and say why should he sign for kids not queuing patiently like the others?

re the money he donates, it may not level off his other misdemeanours, but not signing a few autographs v making 100’s of millions for charity. Yeah close call......

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyway, the golf.

Really enjoyed being at the course today and catching up on the highlights now. I wrote that I wasn't feeling the magic yesterday but today has rekindled it. The excitement of being in the crowds is hard to beat even though I thought the quality of golf on show was a little lacklustre. I'm very tempted to go back again at the weekend but mostly I'm just itching to get out on a course to play and put further work into my fabulous t-shirt tan.

If the weather is as forecast tomorrow it's going to drastically change the course for the weekend. The ground is so dry up here, I know people say it looks dry on the TV but it's so much more parched than it looks. When it comes the rain is either going to bounce off and cause localised flooding or it's going to suck up the water like a sponge and the grass will explode in growth.

With the leaderboard being in the state it is, with the stronger players in the field getting the bad luck of the draw today, the stage is being set for a lot of leaderboard movement tomorrow followed by an epic battle over the weekend.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Did you follow anyone in particular or stay in a couple of spots and watch various players coming through?

I’m still to go to a pro event, it looked very sparse around some tees & greens, I suppose the crowds grow as the Comp unfolds.

How much was it for today, I thought I read some time ago that the prices were a little silly, but if it’s going to be as quiet as it looked on the TV around the course, surely it would be best to lower the prices for the early day/s and get more bodies in.

D

Deleted member 1740

Anyone who's there or been before recommend any good spots on the course for watching if I didn't want to do to much walking?

There’s no better place to watch the open than in the hospitality village with the GM lot drinking complimentary Stella :D :D

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Did you follow anyone in particular or stay in a couple of spots and watch various players coming through?

I’m still to go to a pro event, it looked very sparse around some tees & greens, I suppose the crowds grow as the Comp unfolds.

How much was it for today, I thought I read some time ago that the prices were a little silly, but if it’s going to be as quiet as it looked on the TV around the course, surely it would be best to lower the prices for the early day/s and get more bodies in.

£85 for today - seems a bit steep but I always put things like this in perspective of £ per hour value and it's pretty good if you last the whole day it's less than 10 per hour.

I generally don't follow single groups for a whole round. I will follow a player or group for a few holes whilst I'm making my way around the course but I prefer to find places where I can look across two or three greens and fairways and see the players come through for an hour or two. So today I pretty much did 3 sessions, most of the morning at the 7th/8th/13th, then at the 3rd/5th/6th, then over to a nice grandstand where you can make out the 1st/3rd/15th&16th.

The atmosphere at the big events can be incredible. I don't buy into the idea that you somehow see less and don't know what's going on, there is so much information to absorb from around the course about the state of play. You get a good feel for where groups are on the course and the ripple of oohs, ahhs, applause and cheers is better than any TV pundit. It's well worth going at least once.

D

Deleted member 1418

There’s no better place to watch the open than in the hospitality village with the GM lot drinking complimentary Stella :D :D

Couldn't agree more!! 😉😂😂😂