The Masters 2022

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Cink with a hole in one at 16, after taking it out of the hole he tosses the ball to his son, who is caddying for him. I'd like to think that he said "keep that one somewhere special son".

Swango1980

Visit site
However good Tiger clearly is, he's a lucky old beggar too!

Last night's drive on 18 should never have been seen again, he made par. Just blocked the doodahs out of a 5 wood on 13, misses the water by feet and he makes birdie!
Every golfer experiences luck, good and bad. I'm sure he has hit a few this week that were inches from being great, but hit a slope and ended up miles away.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Amazing fight back from Tiger after such a poor start. Meanwhile Scheffler looks like he's playing a different course to everyone else, -8 is taking the piss...??

Swango1980

Visit site
Anyone remember a chap called DeChambeau? A guy who claimed Augusta was a par 67 for a player of his ability.

He might need to rethink that. I guess he enjoyed his 15 minutes of fame.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Last edited:

Swango1980

Visit site
This might shed some light on things...https://www.pgatour.com/news/2022/0...fall-masters-tournament-augusta-national.html
He's likely to have quite a few more hours of fame - as long as he looks after his body!
It is always the risk he takes. He pushes his body to the extreme, and swings at maximum effort. So, not only does he risk.getting injured more, but he is probably less likely to be able to manage it when playing golf. It is like he has no Plan B when he can't swing 100%.

I doubt many people have any sympathy with him, not after claiming it was a par 67. He decided he was fit to play. Also, what is it with Americans and Ping Pong?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is always the risk he takes. He pushes his body to the extreme, and swings at maximum effort. So, not only does he risk.getting injured more, but he is probably less likely to be able to manage it when playing golf. It is like he has no Plan B when he can't swing 100%.

I doubt many people have any sympathy with him, not after claiming it was a par 67. He decided he was fit to play. Also, what is it with Americans and Ping Pong?

Too much was made of the 67 comment. If that's what he believes he should be aiming with his speed for a personally par it's no different from someone aiming to break 90 or 80 or 70 .. or expecting it

We live in a world of instant press.. tiger was the same when he started out.. the famous "you'll learn" interview

The more press there is the more comments that can be used against people until the end of time

It's boring

Swango1980

Visit site
Too much was made of the 67 comment. If that's what he believes he should be aiming with his speed for a personally par it's no different from someone aiming to break 90 or 80 or 70 .. or expecting it

We live in a world of instant press.. tiger was the same when he started out.. the famous "you'll learn" interview

The more press there is the more comments that can be used against people until the end of time

It's boring
Just because he believes it, doesn't make him right. If he started shooting an average score of 67, then he'd be putting his money where his mouth is. But, he hasn't.

Therefore, it is fair enough for people to raise an eyebrow, and raise the point. No different to you or I challenging anybody's opinion on these forums.

Bryson may believe Augusta is relatively easy for him. Reality, so far, suggests otherwise.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

It's boring

There's a big difference in saying "I'm hoping to shoot a 67 around here" to "I'm too good for this course".