The Masters 2022

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Sleeves Rory really!!!

Minus twenty points

Edit: damit he made me break my rule about never using more than one exclamation mark ?

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Butch mentioned yesterday "People ask me which Masters I have been to, it would be easier to tell them the ones I have NOT been to". I thought it sort of implied he was there this year as well. Given that I believe some are on site, I thought Butch would definitely be there given he is American. Wayne Riley is there, as he did a piece near one of the scoreboards.

Butch Hartman is there . He was shown on the practice ground with his son.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Why do they keep saying that the masters is a tournament but the other majors are championships? What’s the difference?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
The Tiger Woods television show reaches a new low; Tiger chips, a particularly difficult downhill chip, so it would be interesting to see how it finishes. But no, the camera stays on him, and zooms into his face, so rather than seeing the chip, we see him talking to the ball whilst having no idea what that ball is actually doing.

Yes, I know it's not his fault but that doesn't make it any less bloody irritating.

Swango1980

Visit site
The Tiger Woods television show reaches a new low; Tiger chips, a particularly difficult downhill chip, so it would be interesting to see how it finishes. But no, the camera stays on him, and zooms into his face, so rather than seeing the chip, we see him talking to the ball whilst having no idea what that ball is actually doing.

Yes, I know it's not his fault but that doesn't make it any less bloody irritating.
To be fair, I have seen plenty of coverage in all golfing events that does the same to other players. It always frustrates me. Watch them hit a shot, and then just focuses on the player.

I used to think it was just lousy broadcasting, and they were sluggish in going to the wider camera. However, maybe it is intentional, and they think it is sometimes better to focus on the player, close up on their face, capture the emotion. If that is the case, no doubt they'll go to town on Tiger.

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
Hope everyone was really cheesed off watch Sandy Lyle over the first 2 days, every time I switched on all I saw was him ;)

D

Deleted member 15344

Well not a great start from Woods - 4 over and now 3 over overall and on the cut line

Won’t help with scoring clearly getting harder as the wind gets up

D

Deleted member 15344

All getting nicely bunched together - will be surprised if anyone finishes better than 3 or 4 under

The production is all strange , it seems all out of sync and way behind the app

D

Deleted member 15344

What a pitch from Lowry - brilliant with a wedge ?

Heck of a par on the last from Rory

Far from out of it - two silly holes cost him today

SurreyGolfer

Visit site
Watching the Amen Corner coverage. First time I've watched a set group of holes rather than traditional coverage and for someone like me who berates themselves after pretty much every shot that doesnt go in the hole it's even better! Pros miss greens, putts, hit water, etc. Ok I get it the course is more difficult, the greens are like carpets, etc, but good to know they dont hit it to 6ft every time like sometimes the highlights/standard coverage make you think

SurreyGolfer

Visit site
Watching the Amen Corner coverage. First time I've watched a set group of holes rather than traditional coverage and for someone like me who berates themselves after pretty much every shot that doesnt go in the hole it's even better! Pros miss greens, putts, hit water, etc. Ok I get it the course is more difficult, the greens are like carpets, etc, but good to know they dont hit it to 6ft every time like sometimes the highlights/standard coverage make you think

And literally as I finished writing this Willett putted onto and then off the green at 11, very narrowly missing the water