The Masters 2018

D

Deleted member 1740

Are you seriously asking me that? :rofl:

I see they're now asking Kaymer how importance perseverance is in golf; the quality of interviewing is laughable. Only amusing bit was Faldo messing up giving one kid a trophy and excusing himself with the comment "It's a long time since I've been at a prize giving".

Sorry Blue :D :D

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not a huge golf watcher but I'm looking forward to this one. I've made sure I'm not busy this weekend so I can watch it all. Got small bets on five different guys so hopefully at least one of them is still playing on the Sunday!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Builds excitement? I thought everyone knew the tournament doesn't start until the back nine on Sunday; how does watching people on the range build excitement for that? It's simply Sky desperate to overhype the backside out of it.

Well you and Phil can tune in Sunday for the back 9 whilst the rest of us enjoy every minute of the tournament ..

Pair of killjoys

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
To be honest, I dislike the build up to any event - any sport.
I'll watch as much of the real action as I can but all the hype and conjecture before hand....you can keep it.
Sends me to sleep.
It gets worse every year, almost as if the broadcasters have to provide "content" to justify them being there for the extended period of time.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To be honest, I dislike the build up to any event - any sport.
I'll watch as much of the real action as I can but all the hype and conjecture before hand....you can keep it.
Sends me to sleep.
It gets worse every year, almost as if the broadcasters have to provide "content" to justify them being there for the extended period of time.

sky have launched an entire golf channel so they need to fill it... thing is its funny you don't have to watch the build up.. its not compulsory

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
sky have launched an entire golf channel so they need to fill it... thing is its funny you don't have to watch the build up.. its not compulsory

Which is why I don't watch it.....
I've seen Tiger's chip on the 16th several times in the past, I don't need to see it another 40 times..

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Which is why I don't watch it.....
I've seen Tiger's chip on the 16th several times in the past, I don't need to see it another 40 times..

I really don’t understand people having an issue with it.. since the launch of sky golf these programmes only go on this channel whilst the rest of the channels carry on as normal

I could understand more if it kicked something off the telly but it doesn’t

So it’s a case of if you don’t want to watch then you don’t (like you just said)

But people just love moaning about it

Svenska

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Spieth has put himself right in the mix for this now. The man is a beast around here and you could get him at 17/1 at the start of last week which was a gift. There's so many in form for this and it's genuinely too tough to call, I wanted an in form Spieth onside though. My other fancies from various antepost bets are Alex Noren who is such a relentless player at the minute, Patrick Cantlay and Bryson DeChambeau who both showed glimpses of being suited to Augusta previously but the chances of winning are obviously against them. A place would be more than pleasant though and both have temped me again in the first round leader market.

I've also some bets on Brian Harman when he was 150/1 at the start of the year, silly price for a lefty who stats wise ticks a lot of boxes and he loves to be involved in the very best tournaments. Only negative is he isn't silly long off the tee but his approach play and short game is exceptional.

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
Spieth has put himself right in the mix for this now. The man is a beast around here and you could get him at 17/1 at the start of last week which was a gift. There's so many in form for this and it's genuinely too tough to call, I wanted an in form Spieth onside though. My other fancies from various antepost bets are Alex Noren who is such a relentless player at the minute, Patrick Cantlay and Bryson DeChambeau who both showed glimpses of being suited to Augusta previously but the chances of winning are obviously against them. A place would be more than pleasant though and both have temped me again in the first round leader market.

I've also some bets on Brian Harman when he was 150/1 at the start of the year, silly price for a lefty who stats wise ticks a lot of boxes and he loves to be involved in the very best tournaments. Only negative is he isn't silly long off the tee but his approach play and short game is exceptional.

I agree completely!
I've just been doing some reading about the Masters, and you could make a case for any of the following: Johnson, McIlroy, Tiger, Speith, Thomas, Mickleson, Watson, Stenson, add to those an assortment of Englishmen in the shapes of Casey, Rose, Poulter, Fleetwood and even Hatton being touted for chances. Weirdly enough, Garcia isn't being given much of a chance.
Any of those lot would rightly be in for a shout, but what chance an outsider coming in and nicking it?

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Masters Youtube channel is killing it. Load of new content going on daily - player diaries, masters stories, Tiger talking about playing Amen Corner, the final round broadcasts, some old footage of Jack, Arnie and Gary telling stories, focus on some of the amateur players, the drive chip and putt, some really good stuff. Very impressed.

So excited for this week - so many players playing well, this could be one of the best Masters in a long time. Can quite easily reel of a list of names who could win it. Would love to see Tiger, Rory, DJ and Phil battling it out on Sunday though, that would be awesome.

U

User62651

I agree completely!
I've just been doing some reading about the Masters, and you could make a case for any of the following: Johnson, McIlroy, Tiger, Speith, Thomas, Mickleson, Watson, Stenson, add to those an assortment of Englishmen in the shapes of Casey, Rose, Poulter, Fleetwood and even Hatton being touted for chances. Weirdly enough, Garcia isn't being given much of a chance.
Any of those lot would rightly be in for a shout, but what chance an outsider coming in and nicking it?

Pretty high - think Willett, Immelmann, Schwarzel, Cabrera in last 10 yrs or so. Even Bubba (1st win) and Garcia were longish shots.

We all want a shootout with Speith, McIlroy, Woods, Johnson etc in it but that's unlikely so as long as there's a good battle back 9 Sunday like last year and some Speith ball in water type drama and not a procession to the jacket, doesn't really matter who's involved.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Really looking forward to it - especially Sunday evening. My daughter and her boyfriend (he's an assistant pro and she's having a go at the game) plus Mrs SILH will be watching. Mrs SILH introduction to golf was two months after we met - stayed up late with me watching Sandy win. And she really enjoys masters Sunday. So the four of us will be making an evening of it.