The Masters 2018

D

Deleted member 1147

For those who say Rory has a poor short game 😆

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Decent start for me, £2 on Speith to be first round leader at 16/1, cashed out for£33.

Then some inplay specials for players to get within 10 foot on 16. Was 5/1 and was sticking £2/3 on each. Invested £10 and made £36. Only got on it with the final few groups.

Cannot wait for tomorrow!

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
So, next time club manufacturers claim you need to buy new wedges at least once a year, because you absolutely need ridiculous amounts of backspin, you can just calmly look at them and say two words: Sergio Garcia ;) Seriously, those shots weren't bad. I am pretty sure they were basically what he intended to do. They just spun like crazy.With slightly worn grooves, they would have been perfect.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
So, next time club manufacturers claim you need to buy new wedges at least once a year, because you absolutely need ridiculous amounts of backspin, you can just calmly look at them and say two words: Sergio Garcia ;) Seriously, those shots weren't bad. I am pretty sure they were basically what he intended to do. They just spun like crazy.With slightly worn grooves, they would have been perfect.

It wasn't the spin, it was the speed of the greens. It's not like they "zipped back". At least 3 of those shots "almost" came to a stop and then speeded up again. Absolutely stupid.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
It is a bit daft when that can happen. Most of those were good golf shots.

Saw it late on, and have to agree, they were good shots, we'd all be happy at first playing any of those when they came down. But the spin was obviously heavy on them all for them to move that far, surprised he didn't change something on the second or third attempt, plenty of others managed to stop the ball there.

Last edited:

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
It wasn't the spin, it was the speed of the greens. It's not like they "zipped back". At least 3 of those shots "almost" came to a stop and then speeded up again. Absolutely stupid.

"Silly Hard" to be exact :thup: Good synopsis from Stenson

[video]http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/golf/11318248/stenson-a-good-day[/video]

Edit:
Anyone know when any time I add a "video" or "pic" using the formatted buttons listed in the post, that they never appear in the post, only the link shows. It 's like the browser ignores the HTML formatting?

Last edited:

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site

[video]http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/golf/11318248/stenson-a-good-day[/video]

Edit:
Anyone know when any time I add a "video" or "pic" using the formatted buttons listed in the post, that they never appear in the post, only the link shows. It 's like the browser ignores the HTML formatting?
It’s the way the forum is set up. Doesn’t allow it anymore

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Edit:

I saw that interview at the time. He spoke very well. It was a simple comment but you understood exactly what he meant. I think it was the pause and smile as he said it.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

This means I have Augusta quality clubs 😁.