The "I'm a complete tool" rolling thread

Jasonr

Club Champion
Visit site
Saturday - PP you may want to tee up your ball between the tee markers
Sunday - exact same hole exact same mistake luckily playing on my own this time.

In my defence it is the only time I've done this so there must be something misaligning me on that tee.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
I managed a 14 on a par 5 once in a monthly medal when I was still back across the pond at Spalding Golf Club. I had already told myself that I was going to hit 2i off the par 5 8th before the round started as this hole was my nemesis and could never get myself set up right when using a driver. But having just come off a birdie to get back to level par I was pumped up and grabbed the driver, thinking about the eagle. Pull OOB, pull OOB, number 5 gets blocked across the 10th into the pond, so dropping my ball 300 yards out still to hit my 7th. Then I try and stripe my 3w from a crappy lie and pull it across the fairway into the trees and it just generally went from bad to worse, until I managed to drain a 10 footer for a lovely 14.

Absolute tool, what made it worse was that I still managed to get round in 10 over.