The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

simsini

Visit site
This weeks VAR Review:

One interesting stat he puts in the review,
Yet on the net score for VAR interventions this season, only Fulham (+5) have a more favourable record that Forest (+4) -- though Forest should actually be on +6 (they had a VAR error in their favour which ruled out a late winner for Burnley.)
It's hard to take anyone seriously who says that VAR shouldn't be used for consistency. It's exactly what it should be used for. VAR should never care about the decision made on the field.

PaulMdj

Visit site
It's hard to take anyone seriously who says that VAR shouldn't be used for consistency. It's exactly what it should be used for. VAR should never care about the decision made on the field.
No comment on the Favourable VAR decisions? Or does that fit the storyline?

Swango1980

Visit site
The bad decisions this season have so massively been against Forest, that it is very hard to believe they are just mistakes. Even Cloughie didn't stand for it in the past. See Juventus vs Derby in 1973.
So, you are suggesting a conspiracy? The officials are actually biased against Nottingham Forest, and deliberately ruling against them. They aren't just mistakes?

simsini

Visit site
No comment on the Favourable VAR decisions? Or does that fit the storyline?
Which ones? I can only think of the Burnley home game. Joe Worrall getting sent off against Man Utd? Rashford diving for a penalty in the same game? Ryan Yates not getting a penalty in the Everton home game? Neco Williams against West Ham? Taiwo Awoniyi against Newcastle? Moder not getting sent off for Brighton for a two footed tackle? James Maddison punching Ryan Yates in the stomach?

There are also howlers not linked to VAR, such as giving the ball to the Liverpool goalkeeper deep into injury time when Forest had possession, Toney scoring a free kick from the wrong place, and Willy Boly sent off, for a second yellow, in the first half against Bournemouth for winning the ball and having the Bournemouth player stand on his foot.

Last edited:

PaulMdj

Visit site
Which ones? I can only think of the Burnley home game. Joe Worrall getting sent off against Man Utd? Rashford diving for a penalty in the same game? Ryan Yates not getting a penalty in the Everton home game? Neco Williams against West Ham? Taiwo Awoniyi against Newcastle? Moder not getting sent off for Brighton for a two footed tackle? James Maddison punching Ryan Yates in the stomach?

There are also howlers not linked to VAR, such as giving the ball to the Liverpool goalkeeper deep into injury time when Forest had possession, Toney scoring a free kick from the wrong place, and Willy Boly sent off, for a second yellow, in the first half against Bournemouth for winning the ball and having the Bournemouth player stand on his foot.
It still doesn’t prove a conspiracy against Forest, even yesterday, if Forest had won we’d of been 2 points ahead of Luton and Luton’s next fixture is home to Everton, so if he was going to cheat it wouldn’t of been to help Everton.😵‍💫

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
This weeks VAR Review:

One interesting stat he puts in the review,
Yet on the net score for VAR interventions this season, only Fulham (+5) have a more favourable record that Forest (+4) -- though Forest should actually be on +6 (they had a VAR error in their favour which ruled out a late winner for Burnley.)
In fairness, that's a skewed stat - as there are instances where VAR hasn't/can't be reviewed that have shafted forest (i.e. the Liverpool drop ball clanger and the Boy second yellow for a perfectly good tackle to name two of them) - so they're not included in those stats.

PaulMdj

Visit site
In fairness, that's a skewed stat - as there are instances where VAR hasn't/can't be reviewed that have shafted forest (i.e. the Liverpool drop ball clanger and the Boy second yellow for a perfectly good tackle to name two of them) - so they're not included in those stats.
That could be true for every club though.🤷‍♂️

simsini

Visit site
Forest club statement asking for the audio between the officials yesterday. Can't argue with that at all.

simsini

Visit site
That could be true for every club though.🤷‍♂️
I doubt there is a clearer example of the referee not following the laws of the game, than giving the Liverpool goalkeeper the ball after Forest were in possession 25 yards from goal. That is not a 'subjective' decision, it's just plain wrong.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I don’t tend to listen to Talksport these days - can’t be doing with Jeff Stelling, and Jim White proper grinds my gears. Not been the same since the lovely Laura ditched the breakfast slot 😇 And I rarely watch Sky Sports News.

So Clattenburg’s work with Forest was a new one on me. Has he been engaged as a result of a number of decisions going against them? That would seem to make sense.

I’ve not really been party to the discussion about this owing to my depression relating to events at Wembley yesterday. That really took most of my attention. As a consequence I have only really seen the third penalty decision, where Young went through the back of the Forest player. I cannot begin to imagine why the VAR didn’t intervene. If that had been a decision going against my team I’d be fuming. Haven’t seen the other two, but from comments I’ve read and heard in press and media articles this morning, opinion seems fairly split.

So, I agree Forest fans can, and should, feel aggrieved. But the club statement was utterly unprofessional. Nuno had it right yesterday - poor decisions went against his team. The club overstepped the mark. Massively.

Stelling has ruined the breakfast show.

McCoist is the best voice on there now, Stelling is far too much for first thing in the morning. Possibly the worst show on TS at present, they miss Laura Woods badly!

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ryan Yates is very irritating. Then again, if that was the benchmark, Spurs would be leaking penalties every game that Richarlison was in the team :ROFLMAO:
He's not a very good footballer really. He's "one of our own" so a lot of the fanbase laud over him because "pashun". But he goes through the back of people all the time and just falls on the ball every time he's touched when he's in possession. Can't fault his effort, he bleeds Forest and he will have a really solid game once in a while, but the truth is, he's just not PL standard, unfortunately.

PaulMdj

Visit site
I doubt there is a clearer example of the referee not following the laws of the game, than giving the Liverpool goalkeeper the ball after Forest were in possession 25 yards from goal. That is not a 'subjective' decision, it's just plain wrong.
That’s a simple error, they happen in all walks of life in every profession, how many mistakes have Forest players made that have led to goals! Liverpool have also been on the wrong side od decisions.

That is also outside the remit of VAR.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Stelling has ruined the breakfast show.

McCoist is the best voice on there now, Stelling is far too much for first thing in the morning. Possibly the worst show on TS at present, they miss Laura Woods badly!
Years since I last listened. Has Alan Brazil retired, been moved on, do the occasional show?

simsini

Visit site
He's not a very good footballer really. He's "one of our own" so a lot of the fanbase laud over him because "pashun". But he goes through the back of people all the time and just falls on the ball every time he's touched when he's in possession. Can't fault his effort, he bleeds Forest and he will have a really solid game once in a while, but the truth is, he's just not PL standard, unfortunately.
That is true. We need a better player who has similar tenacity. We've been poor in so many games because the centre midfield goes missing. Sangare was a huge waste of money.