The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PaulMdj

Visit site
Sad to see our main strength this season become our biggest weakness in 45 minutes.

Take nothing away from Chelsea they have been on a different level.

Wouldn’t make any difference if we had a goalscorer either.

PaulMdj

Visit site
I understand that.
But you broke the rules and have been punished.
It’s the consistency that most fans want to see.
Up to now it looks very poor.
But the rules keep changing, they are already talking about binning the points deduction rule for a transfer ban or something else.

4 Commissions have come out with 4 different results, that proves the PL really are making it up as they go along.

Do you remember the retrospective bans for diving brought in by the PL? 2 players banned since 2017, that simply disappeared.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
But the rules keep changing, they are already talking about binning the points deduction rule for a transfer ban or something else.

4 Commissions have come out with 4 different results, that proves the PL really are making it up as they go along.

Do you remember the retrospective bans for diving brought in by the PL? 2 players banned since 2017, that simply disappeared.
That’s a rule I’d like to see used more,but it’s like they’ve just accepted it’s part of the game.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Can I ask, genuinely, why you think we are the weakest? Without the points deduction we’d be on 35pts above Brentford and yourselves, 10pts clear of Luton.

If anything it says the points deduction is the difference not the team.

I should have clarified, you look the weakest at this stage of the season and also the weakest in regards style of football (not that style decides who goes down mind you).

You were direct and strong after the points deduction, but now seem very limited. Your big chance is what has saved you for the previous 2 seasons, up and at them football at Goodison

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I hope City take the PL on and beat them. Absolutely no trust in the PL
Am not sure whether I want City to beat all the charges or not but I think the whole concept of FFP Is rammel. It is that good it is changing for next season.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Am not sure whether I want City to beat all the charges or not but I think the whole concept of FFP Is rammel. It is that good it is changing for next season.
Staying for next season apparently as new “plan” is not fully worked out yet.

Thing is Tash, you can’t change it after such a short time, how do we know if the points deduction really works or not.🤷‍♂️

The PL at the top are a shambles.

PaulMdj

Visit site
The last time I saw 6 goals in a Everton/Chelsea match was back in 1978 when Bob Latchford scored 2 in a 6-0 Everton win in the last game of the season, he won £10,000 by scoring 30 goals that season. Much better memory😂😂