The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Trophy is a trophy, like when spurs decided the conference was beneath them and didn't bother. Any self respecting fan takes a trophy. Especially when the cabinet is empty 🤣

I don't see much past leverkusen winning tho. They look man city levels of good
If you have a cabinet full of trophies, some of them quite recent, then some trophies are just egg cups 🤷‍♀️ . You are looking at this through the eyes of a West Ham fan :ROFLMAO:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you have a cabinet full of trophies, some of them quite recent, then some trophies are just egg cups 🤷‍♀️ . You are looking at this through the eyes of a West Ham fan :ROFLMAO:

Very true. But the way the season is panning out this could be the biggest trophy they end up with

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Disappointed to let the 2 goal lead slip to just one against a solid Lille side - but Villa get the win to take there next week!

Only English side to win in Europe this week... chances of a 5th CL spot arent looking good.

Red devil

Visit site
Or maybe they don't really rate the competition and the PL is bigger fish for them? It might be big for many teams in the competition but even I have to admit it is the equivalent to the league cup for a team like Liverpool. I doubt Klopp has lost much sleep over it.
You have a point but I'm sure he lost sleep over the all round performance. And this just wasn't a one off. There were lacklustre performances against Man Utd and Sheffield.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
You have a point but I'm sure he lost sleep over the all round performance. And this just wasn't a one off. There were lacklustre performances against Man Utd and Sheffield.
Oh, he would definitely have lost sleep over those games 😂 .

I do agree with you about the performance aspect. It's more a case of the trophy being at the bottom of the list for them. They do seem to be running cold just at the wrong time though. Momentum works both ways and it is a bad time to lose it

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Oh, he would definitely have lost sleep over those games 😂 .

I do agree with you about the performance aspect. It's more a case of the trophy being at the bottom of the list for them. They do seem to be running cold just at the wrong time though. Momentum works both ways and it is a bad time to lose it
Serious question.
Are Liverpool Running out is steam or is it a blip

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Serious question.
I don't watch them closely enough to know that but I guess the next couple of league games will answer that (yes, that is a cop out answer 😂 ).

Based on the Man U game, I did see that. Salah doesn't look at his best, Nunez is still a very hit or miss striker and they miss the calm of Jota. At Utd, the problem was up front, as it has been quite a bit recently. I didn't see last night, only read the reports, but that sounded like a different problem.

If I was a bookie, I would be leaning towards Arsenal and City right now. Arsenal favourite for me as you guys are not firing quite so smoothly this year either, imo.

CountLippe

Visit site
Serious question.

Perhaps they are running out of steam. The squad players who have filled in admirably throughout the season are showing signs of legs. Confidence is shot in front of goal and they're giving the ball away too often in midfield.
Is it a blip? Depends on whether we're talking results or performances. They should get a reaction and beat Palace on sunday, however this is followed by I think 4 consecutive aways. Its unlikely they win them all even in a good run of form. Not out of the title race, but 3rd favourites.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Coming back from Turkey today so not seen a lot of footie but there’s something not quite happening at Liverpool at not the best time Of the season. Loads of Liverpool fans/ locals here.
Depending on how Arsenal fare this month I still Think it’s there’s ( to lose).

Last edited:

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Great credit to Newcastle for the inactive of providing the new shirts that vibrate on the badge for the hearing impaired.

You could see how much more the youngsters got out of the game, let’s hope other clubs follow suit.

Nothing more to add about the game 😡. except Newcastle got their tactics right and were brilliant.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great credit to Newcastle for the inactive of providing the new shirts that vibrate on the badge for the hearing impaired.

You could see how much more the youngsters got out of the game, let’s hope other clubs follow suit.

Nothing more to add about the game 😡. except Newcastle got their tactics right and were brilliant.
They did a brilliant social media clip last week of their sensory room, for autistic people. Worth a watch, lovely clip. I know all clubs are good on this front now but still good to see it in action. Little things that can make a huge difference to people.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I’m just wondering, if Man United were to play Man United, how would we get on?
Probably a bit worse than this recollection from Steve Howey about a training session at Newcastle when Ardiles was manager....

Howey said: “We had a training session under Ossie, it’s called shadow play. He picks his eleven that’s going to start on the Saturday or through the week.

“It’s your goalkeeper, a four (in defence), a four (in midfield) and a two (in attack) and you’ve got a full-sized pitch. You’re playing against nobody, get some goals, then come back and start again.

“So, Ossie has set us up, we’ve took the kick-off, passed it back to Lee Clark, Lee Clark’s passed it back to Kevin Scott, again we’re playing backwards and we should be playing forwards, cos we aren’t playing against anybody.

“Kevin Scott gives it to Steve Watson, Steve Watson turns round and passes it back to Tommy Wright who’s in goal, but Tommy Wright was putting his gloves on in the back of the net, and the ball goes in the goal.

“We’re getting beat 1-0 and we ain’t playing anyone. We were going through a really bad time at the time, and you could just see Ossie just rocking with his head in his hands.

“He’s going, ‘"ell boys, we’re rubbish man. We’re getting beat 1-0 and we ain’t playing anybody" that’s how bad it was.”

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Probably a bit worse than this recollection from Steve Howey about a training session at Newcastle when Ardiles was manager....

Howey said: “We had a training session under Ossie, it’s called shadow play. He picks his eleven that’s going to start on the Saturday or through the week.

“It’s your goalkeeper, a four (in defence), a four (in midfield) and a two (in attack) and you’ve got a full-sized pitch. You’re playing against nobody, get some goals, then come back and start again.

“So, Ossie has set us up, we’ve took the kick-off, passed it back to Lee Clark, Lee Clark’s passed it back to Kevin Scott, again we’re playing backwards and we should be playing forwards, cos we aren’t playing against anybody.

“Kevin Scott gives it to Steve Watson, Steve Watson turns round and passes it back to Tommy Wright who’s in goal, but Tommy Wright was putting his gloves on in the back of the net, and the ball goes in the goal.

“We’re getting beat 1-0 and we ain’t playing anyone. We were going through a really bad time at the time, and you could just see Ossie just rocking with his head in his hands.

“He’s going, ‘"ell boys, we’re rubbish man. We’re getting beat 1-0 and we ain’t playing anybody" that’s how bad it was.”

I remember that - brilliant story!