The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I did mention Bayern have all there eggs in this one basket. Whether they can do it over two legs though. 🤔

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
The speed with which Bayern turn defence into attack is breathtaking. When they counter they make Arsenal look distinctly average.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Great game in Madrid, saw the last few minutes of Arsenal as well and I think that was Saka trying to “win” a penalty.

Hopefully both English Clubs will win the return legs.

Last edited:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't forget, the refs we see at this stage are the elite. The best 1 from each country in effect. We are not seeing the others.

Even in Europa the other week against Freiberg the ref was a level about the dross we serve up

I heard good things about Webb in the USA and loved him as a ref but he had made things worse

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Arsenal get that pen every week in the prem. As do the other big clubs.
The way contact is reffed is literally ruining the game. The bar for giving a pen (effectively a goal) is far too low. Even good teams find it difficult to score goals in open play, so how have we come to the point where being 'clever' is so cheaply rewarded?
The nonsense spouted every week by the talking idiots on sky seems to drive the narrative, the refs then carry it forward in ever decreasing circles.
And yes, I'm still p@ssed about that ridiculous Gorden incident the other week...

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don’t know what the pundits are on about, Saka threw his leg into goalie. Good call from ref.
I didn't watch the game but the lads in my football team WhatsApp were debating it - well, one Arsenal fan in particular was trying to claim it was a pen. I watched the clip on Twitter and you're right - he's clearly tried to do a Jamie Vardy and kick Neuer to send himself over. If he's not done that then it's a very unusual motion to kick his right leg out to the right while turning left. Neuer barely even made a challenge though which makes Saka look a bit silly.

Last edited:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I didn't watch the game but the lads in my football team WhatsApp were debating it - well, one Arsenal fan in particular was trying to claim it was a pen. I watched the clip on Twitter and you're right - he's cleared tried to do a Jamie Vardy and kick Neuer to send himself over. If he's not done that then it's a very unusual motion to kick his right leg out to the right while turning left. Neuer barely even made a challenge though which makes Saka look a bit silly.

It's called an Antony Gordon now 🤣
Arsenal get that pen every week in the prem. As do the other big clubs.
The way contact is reffed is literally ruining the game. The bar for giving a pen (effectively a goal) is far too low. Even good teams find it difficult to score goals in open play, so how have we come to the point where being 'clever' is so cheaply rewarded?
The nonsense spouted every week by the talking idiots on sky seems to drive the narrative, the refs then carry it forward in ever decreasing circles.
And yes, I'm still p@ssed about that ridiculous Gorden incident the other week...
Good to see proper refs not buying it

Really doesn't help with Ferdinand and keown saying it's a pen, 100% they would be up in arms if it was the other end or worse given against them

Last edited: