The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
So the premier league which has 115 charges against City, docked Everton points, has Forest and a Few other clubs in its sights. Has still not sorted out a financial package for the football league teams coz it wants more money for the Prem league.
Like i have said for a long time. The prem league, UEFA, FIFA are different Pigs with there noses in the trough and they tell us they have footballs interests as a priority. Yeah right oh.

I can see the government sorting this one out.
Christ no. They couldnt sort clothes at a jumble sale

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Who else is there at this stage? Phillips came on tonight. Gave the ball away instantly

Rice.

We only need 1 holder with the attacking ability we have in midfield and attack.

If we really need another holder, then Gallagher can play that role as can James Ward Prowse.

Henderson is a joke. A bigger one is coming when Mount comes back for United and Gareth finds him a place on the plane.

Awful.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Rice.

We only need 1 holder with the attacking ability we have in midfield and attack.

If we really need another holder, then Gallagher can play that role as can James Ward Prowse.

Henderson is a joke. A bigger one is coming when Mount comes back for United and Gareth finds him a place on the plane.

Awful.

Just wait until Phillips goes back to city and gets picked lol

He's been utter rubbish for us

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Just wait until Phillips goes back to city and gets picked lol

He's been utter rubbish for us

It does make me laugh with Phillips and how hypocritical Southgate is. Says he will always pick players in good form, yet Phillips was in the squad when benchwarming at City, now he’s gone to West Ham and not doing great GS drops him for poor form. More big club bias that GS said he wouldn’t do.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It does make me laugh with Phillips and how hypocritical Southgate is. Says he will always pick players in good form, yet Phillips was in the squad when benchwarming at City, now he’s gone to West Ham and not doing great GS drops him for poor form. More big club bias that GS said he wouldn’t do.

Exactly. Phillips has completely shocked me. I thought he was a good player , I thought him coming would provide excellent cover and comp for places. What with it being a world cup year and all he would want to make sure he went

He's been so bad and I just thought he would kick on or grind .. he just seems to be getting worse

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I don’t really understand the uproar with him being there.

I can only speak for myself, but it’s because this one selection typifies Southgate’s overwhelming reluctance to take even calculated risks.

There is a wealth of talent available to him, and yet time and again he takes the safe option.

That’s why England are still waiting for a first trophy in over fifty years, despite Southgate in particular having some absolutely gilt edged opportunities which he has squandered through his conservative approach.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As a fervent Moyes outer I will just point out that it’s never been because of the results, they are in the main good. As a paying customer I just want some excitement. Big difference tonight to some of the dross we have endured.

Anyway it’s not the night to be whinging…. COYI ⚒️
I'm with you. Its easy for people who don't make the effort to say "look at where you are".
Anyway, the oppo tonight were pretty dreadful. Chatted to a few of the German fans after the game. I thought they were really let down by what was served up.
Sometimes it's easy to forget how wealth even mid table prem teams are, and how good the players are vs mid table euro leagues. They would be in the bottom 3 or 4 over here imho.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can only speak for myself, but it’s because this one selection typifies Southgate’s overwhelming reluctance to take even calculated risks.

There is a wealth of talent available to him, and yet time and again he takes the safe option.

That’s why England are still waiting for a first trophy in over fifty years, despite Southgate in particular having some absolutely gilt edged opportunities which he has squandered through his conservative approach.

For anyone supporting Southgate I'd ask a simple question, do you think we'd be achieving more or less with a manager such as Pep, Klopp, Ancelotti etc in charge? Personally I think we'd be better off with a more positive manager in charge. Someone that would make the most of the attacking talent we've got available to us rather than someone that is determined not to lose.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For anyone supporting Southgate I'd ask a simple question, do you think we'd be achieving more or less with a manager such as Pep, Klopp, Ancelotti etc in charge? Personally I think we'd be better off with a more positive manager in charge. Someone that would make the most of the attacking talent we've got available to us rather than someone that is determined not to lose.

Think Moyes would do a great job.. he could do both at once. If he has nothing to lose he is your man .. , ❤️

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site

I agree Southgate approach is too conservative, we should be playing much better football than we have been.

The first 11 is better, or Atleast should be better without Henderson in it, we (could) have a team with huge potential that plays to the strengths of its attacking quality. But within that squad I can see value in Henderson being there, he could never play, as is often the case with some squad players, but I think his experience does add something in a tournament situation.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I imagine it would be along the lines of experience, never let him down etc.

Henderson shouldn’t be starting, but he is a good player to have around the squad. I don’t really understand the uproar with him being there.

Erm because he is now dog 💩
I hate that "good experience to have in the squad" line, such a typical English backwards way of thinking, he'll be picking Gary Lineker next becuae he scored a hat trick in 86 :ROFLMAO:
Where's the progression, the forward thinking from Southgate? Nowhere to be seen, such a waste of talent over the last half a dozen years.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Come on the villllaaaaaa! Massive win!!!

Praying Ollie isn’t out for long.

The European tour continues fuelled by hendos tears