The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Zouma looks like he is playing on stilts.. slow doesn’t come close.
Unfortunately through a massive dereliction of duty by Moyes and Sullivan we have got the smallest and oldest squad in the league, and with UEFA starting again soon I think the next few months are going to be even more painful.
Where are you in terms of FFP? Do you have money spare to spend? You might have loads of room to play with, I don't know 🤷‍♂️

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Where are you in terms of FFP? Do you have money spare to spend? You might have loads of room to play with, I don't know 🤷‍♂️

The Rice sale must buy WH headroom for PSR, would be all profit compared to what they reinvested which will be amortised over 5 years, also had a couple of other sales this summer. Expect they have more headroom than most

D

Deleted member 15344

Chelsea creating multiple chances here but not taking - going to end Up 2-1 to City 😂

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Stonewall 🤣🤣🤣

Here is what the professionals say

"83: STILL NO PENALTY! There is definitely contact from Williams on the boot of Cornet but it is minimal.

Bramall doesn't come across to look at the incident himself. At that speed, a little touch is enough to take you down but you can understand why the officials feel that's not enough."

But if that's Jota, Haaland, Hoijlund, Jesus or another striker at a big club it would be "He's been touched and impeded and therefore has a right to go down and it's a definite penalty".

D

Deleted member 15344

But if that's Jota, Haaland, Hoijlund, Jesus or another striker at a big club it would be "He's been touched and impeded and therefore has a right to go down and it's a definite penalty".

It’s a tackle that’s been given as a penalty multiple times this season - and I’m surprised they haven’t given it

Also very surprised they didn’t give that as handball there

Has there been a change from the refs -there were a number of challenges today in the Liverpool match that prob should have been penalties

Then just seen the one that Arsenal got on the challenge on Trossard 😂

Last edited by a moderator:

Singlefiguregokfer

Visit site
It’s a tackle that’s been given as a penalty multiple times this season - and I’m surprised they haven’t given it

Has there been a change from the refs -there were a number of challenges today in the Liverpool match that prob should have been penalties

Never a penalty. We may have won, but for that travesty of a decision

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Jeez what’s the moron in VAR doing?

That just proves they just back each other up.

Should be yellow for diving!

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wasn’t that why VAR was brought in ?
To stop that happening!

It hasn't worked. But, if you've got the same refs that were previously giving decisions to the big teams still refereeing and being used in the VAR room why would anything change? It's still the same refs giving the same decisions but with one of their mates on VAR to back them up. Unless someone has an alternative suggestion, it has to be either bias, incompetence or corruption that is the reason that so many decisions go in favour of the bigger teams.

4LEX

Visit site
The worrying thing for me is that, come the Euros, Southgate will still include Phillips and Henderson. They’re nice, safe options for him. He’s simply not brave enough to go for the likes of Mainoo.

Come on, Gareth. I dare you……….
I watched Ajax in the Europa League on Thursday and Henderson was woeful. The guy is finished and Ajax was such a poor move as they're all technical players and he isn't suited to that game.

I know people are getting on Phillips back but he's hardly played in 18 months, he's going to need a run of games to get upto speed. It's been a bad start for him at West Ham but he's a cracking DM when fully fit and playing.

4LEX

Visit site
There were a few Man U semis at Goodison and maine road over the years, whether the police just prefered one set of away fans rather than two somewhere else for such a highly charged game, not sure.

As I was on the bus to the game, within a few hundred yards of the game just seen all the windows put in in a boozer, set the tone for the day. Golf balls with nails in etc, etc

Yes, the kit man hadnt packed Lineker's lucky boots (thing he scored 40 that season and won sod all). :) We beat Leicester 2-1 to go ahead of them, with one game to go.

Can't get away tickets now, as have no credits, unless a mate passed ones on, but out of practice now. Apart from "friendly" finals like the World club championship and super cup, I didn't miss a league cup, Fa cup, Europa/Uefa, Champions league final between 1984 and 2019, as well as 95% of the semi-finals, but didnt get a ticket for the 2019 Spurs one in Madrid or the 2022 Real one in Paris, although still travelled to both in case anything came up late on.

Sadly missed out on Reading even when I was going the aways - went to watch Madness instead, and couldnt get tickets or not going by then for the ones since, so Reading is one of the biggest club grounds that I havent been to - how mad's that? :) Thats a good support to carlisle away, hope youse get new owners!

I think you're right that the Police probably kept those semi finals local to avoid fans wrecking havoc across the whole of the country on the way to London etc.

Sounds mental and scary for a teenager on his own! You must've had some great clobber back in the day being around Liverpool and travelling over Europe?

Everton had a great side in the 80's, definitely shoud've won more. Typical Lineker always full of excuses :ROFLMAO:

That's a good run of big games over the decades. I take it Istanbul 2005 was the pick?

We actually had a decent record against you at our place in our PL years, one win, one draw and one defeat. Well if ever you're down this way for golf and we're at home you're always welcome. Likewise if we get you in a cup and you can't secure a ticket your end (y) We took 2,000 to Portsmouth today and actually played better than the score suggested, just missed a load of chances in the first half then crumbled. New owners can't come in quick enough but I expect it'll be a long process with a load more drama on the way!

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think you're right that the Police probably kept those semi finals local to avoid fans wrecking havoc across the whole of the country on the way to London etc.

Sounds mental and scary for a teenager on his own! You must've had some great clobber back in the day being around Liverpool and travelling over Europe?

Everton had a great side in the 80's, definitely shoud've won more. Typical Lineker always full of excuses :ROFLMAO:

That's a good run of big games over the decades. I take it Istanbul 2005 was the pick?

We actually had a decent record against you at our place in our PL years, one win, one draw and one defeat. Well if ever you're down this way for golf and we're at home you're always welcome. Likewise if we get you in a cup and you can't secure a ticket your end (y) We took 2,000 to Portsmouth today and actually played better than the score suggested, just missed a load of chances in the first half then crumbled. New owners can't come in quick enough but I expect it'll be a long process with a load more drama on the way!

I think Rome 84 will always be my highlight. My arl fella took me when only 13, and also let me have a bevvy etc. 6 day coach holiday, 2 nights on ferries, two in Austria and 2 in Anzio with a coachload of fellow posties (my dad's job), and winning old big ears in their back yard, as well.

The Adidas Ivan lendl range was my favourite, and still buy some of the old gear now like an Adidas New Yorker, Benetton blue rugby top, Bjorn borg elite trainees, Patrick Cagoule, Trim Trabb, Tachinni tracky bottoms - all the classics. :)

Nice one, may take you up on that if in the area.