The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
Yes, just the League Cup, but definitely United's best performance this season. So much energy in the team, players who know where to run and also players who could control and pass the ball.

A world of difference, especially when you don't have a player sulking when he loses the ball, and all but gives up. Pellistri is a good example. Things were not working out for him early on in the game, but he always gave 100% in and out of possession. Hannibal is looking good in midfield as well, great to see him getting some game time.

Amrabat was class, and Casemiro was back to his best. Also nice to see Maguire have a solid game.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes, just the League Cup, but definitely United's best performance this season. So much energy in the team, players who know where to run and also players who could control and pass the ball.

A world of difference, especially when you don't have a player sulking when he loses the ball, and all but gives up. Pellistri is a good example. Things were not working out for him early on in the game, but he always gave 100% in and out of possession. Hannibal is looking good in midfield as well, great to see him getting some game time.

Amrabat was class, and Casemiro was back to his best. Also nice to see Maguire have a solid game.

Rice may have won the trophy but Amrabat was the far superior player that night

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Man Utd looked good last night, although Palace weren't great, you can only beat what's in front of you.
Should give them confidence going forward.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Amrabat was class, and Casemiro was back to his best.

I don’t think Casemiro’s performance was a coincidence. Amrabat was excellent last night, and the body language of both, but Casemiro in particular, was such that it looks as though they may enjoy playing together.

Casemiro has needed that quality alongside him.

D

Deleted member 15344

I don’t think Casemiro’s performance was a coincidence. Amrabat was excellent last night, and the body language of both, but Casemiro in particular, was such that it looks as though they may enjoy playing together.

Casemiro has needed that quality alongside him.

Getting Casemiro on the pitch as much as possible is massive for the team , he is stand out quality whenever he is fit and oozes class

It will be interesting to see how Amrabat goes in the Prem and CL - his name has been touted around for a while now and he hasn’t been picked up by a big club before , was clearly Morocco’s best player in the World Cup but we have seen how well many do after a good World Cup.

Billysboots

Visit site
Getting Casemiro on the pitch as much as possible is massive for the team , he is stand out quality whenever he is fit and oozes class

It will be interesting to see how Amrabat goes in the Prem and CL - his name has been touted around for a while now and he hasn’t been picked up by a big club before , was clearly Morocco’s best player in the World Cup but we have seen how well many do after a good World Cup.

He was very close to signing for Liverpool, Phil, or so I heard.

He just looks like the sort of unfussy player we need in that position, who will cover the ground and do the simple things really well. Very difficult to judge after a single game, granted, but he looked quality last night.

And if he releases Casemiro to do what he does best then so much the better.

D

Deleted member 15344

He was very close to signing for Liverpool, Phil, or so I heard.

He just looks like the sort of unfussy player we need in that position, who will cover the ground and do the simple things really well. Very difficult to judge after a single game, granted, but he looked quality last night.

And if he releases Casemiro to do what he does best then so much the better.

Think there was a lot of talk about him coming to us but nothing beyond rumours. He certainly looked a player that would fit the role for a 6 for us and from the games I have seen he does look a good player

TheHeron

Visit site
Not sure what the allure of Chelsea has been to all these guys..

Recent history still lingering and a fat wage packet, no doubt. Chelsea are falling into that trap of feeling entitled to high finish positions and cups every year and are just throwing money about thinking that's the only solution. You'd think with the rise of Brighton and Emerys success at Villa last season, Chelsea might have learnt a little but hey ho...

You get what you earn in this league, not what you buy (most of the time, at least...)

D

Deleted member 15344

It was widely reported in the summer, and has been repeated in the last few days on any number of media platforms. I’m surprised you haven’t seen it.

Yes I seen “daily mail rumours” of phone calls but then these are the some “publications” that have provided rumours of the likes of Mbappe being spoken to etc - none of the respected journalists have come close to the same thing

This is Romano take

And speaking of Amrabat, I’ve been asked about some reports of Liverpool coming very close to signing the Moroccan midfielder this summer. From what I know, there was just a call from Liverpool in the summer right after the Moises Caicedo story to ask for conditions of Amrabat deal and then nothing else.

“It was not even a negotiation, just a request and then they moved on different targets. I think there’s no need to compare as in that position they preferred Wataru Endo, so their choice was clear.”

Swango1980

Visit site
Yes I seen “daily mail rumours” of phone calls but then these are the some “publications” that have provided rumours of the likes of Mbappe being spoken to etc - none of the respected journalists have come close to the same thing

This is Romano take

And speaking of Amrabat, I’ve been asked about some reports of Liverpool coming very close to signing the Moroccan midfielder this summer. From what I know, there was just a call from Liverpool in the summer right after the Moises Caicedo story to ask for conditions of Amrabat deal and then nothing else.

“It was not even a negotiation, just a request and then they moved on different targets. I think there’s no need to compare as in that position they preferred Wataru Endo, so their choice was clear.”
A few weeks ago, I seem to remember you told us all that Lavia had come out after joining Chelsea, and said he'd have rather gone to Liverpool. When repeatedly asked for your sources, you simply stayed quiet. I certainly don't remember you quoting your source anyway, when asked.

Do you think you just pick and choose what rumours you listen to. And, when you read rumours you like, you then spread the word on any forums you are part of and hopefully others will believe them as reliable? And any rumours you do not like, you just don't repeat them, and when others do you are quick to just dismiss them as rumours and very unlikely to be true.

D

Deleted member 15344

Sportac have released who are the highest earners in the Prem league - weekly wage

1. De Bruyne-£400k
2. Haaland - £375k
3. Salah - £350k
4. Casemiro -£350k
5. Varane - £340k
6. Sterling - £325k
7. Rashford - £300k
8. Grealish - £300k
9. Bernardo Silva - £300k
10. Havertz- £280k

That obviously doesn’t include add ons and bonuses

So whilst it’s not Saudi wages the players are the top of the tree can earn a lot of more

Two are a little baffling. Sterling and Havertz getting paid that much ?!!

Billysboots

Visit site
Sportac have released who are the highest earners in the Prem league - weekly wage

1. De Bruyne-£400k
2. Haaland - £375k
3. Salah - £350k
4. Casemiro -£350k
5. Varane - £340k
6. Sterling - £325k
7. Rashford - £300k
8. Grealish - £300k
9. Bernardo Silva - £300k
10. Havertz- £280k

That obviously doesn’t include add ons and bonuses

So whilst it’s not Saudi wages the players are the top of the tree can earn a lot of more

Two are a little baffling. Sterling and Havertz getting paid that much ?!!

Havertz in particular. He has done absolutely nothing in the Premier League to justify being in that sort of company.

D

Deleted member 15344

Havertz in particular. He has done absolutely nothing in the Premier League to justify being in that sort of company.

I know - quite baffling tbh when you look at the other players in the Arsenal squad and how key they are - Saka , Odegaard , Saliba are three players better than Havertz

Havertz to me is still the most puzzling transfer of the summer - I can’t see what he adds that they don’t already have and in fact imo he makes them a little bit worse when he plays

TimShady

Banned
Visit site
You have to admire the agents of some of those players. Fair play o_O. Equally, what were the Directors of Football at those clubs thinking?
It’s often cheaper to keep a known quantity on a higher wage than making a new purchase, hence why the likes of Rashford is on that high a wage. He’s inconsistent but average out his numbers and they’d struggle to replace his goals without a gamble of an outlay.