The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Flopped at 2 clubs, successful at 2 other PL clubs.

I'm not sure he beats Veron for me.

I once watched Veron and beckham warming up before they battered City again at Manine rd. They were pinging balls 60-70 yards to one another and putting it on a shoe lace. When the game started he couldn’t of passed you the brown sauce across the table with out dropping it. Rammel.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Taken as an individual signing then it's hard to disagree but overall I think he escapes the title.

Maybe just about... But only because of other loan spells :ROFLMAO: Overall chelsea have spent £114 million in buying Lukaku twice - sold him for £30 million once...

36 Chelsea appearences in total - 8 goals.

Football is weird

Swango1980

Visit site
I once watched Veron and beckham warming up before they battered City again at Manine rd. They were pinging balls 60-70 yards to one another and putting it on a shoe lace. When the game started he couldn’t of passed you the brown sauce across the table with out dropping it. Rammel.
Ohhh, how I loved the days we could batter City, even when we carried a player who clearly had a bad game :)

Personally, I never really got too frustrated with Veron at United. Sure, he wasn't close to being an outstanding signing, but I never expected him to be an improvement on the Beckham, Keane, Scholes, Giggs midfield. Injuries also didn't help, and I'm sure the Premier League didn't suit his style.

He also played in one of my favourite matched of all time, and scored. Man Utd beating Spurs 5-3, after being 3-0 down at half time. I remember being in pub in my home town of N Ireland watching it with my mate, and us being really depressed at the end of the 1st half. There was an older gentleman, another regular at the pub for football, who was a Liverpool fan. He kept shouting with joy "Come on the Spurs" in the 1st half, much to our frustration. We were half minded to leave at half time, but decided to stay. The second half was such a joy, and we kept shouting "Come on the Spurs" sarcastically as the 4th and 5th goals went in. This has now become a thing, where anytime Utd get battered at the start of a match, we shout "Come on the Spurs". Been shouting it a lot in recent times.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Ohhh, how I loved the days we could batter City, even when we carried a player who clearly had a bad game :)

Personally, I never really got too frustrated with Veron at United. Sure, he wasn't close to being an outstanding signing, but I never expected him to be an improvement on the Beckham, Keane, Scholes, Giggs midfield. Injuries also didn't help, and I'm sure the Premier League didn't suit his style.

He also played in one of my favourite matched of all time, and scored. Man Utd beating Spurs 5-3, after being 3-0 down at half time. I remember being in pub in my home town of N Ireland watching it with my mate, and us being really depressed at the end of the 1st half. There was an older gentleman, another regular at the pub for football, who was a Liverpool fan. He kept shouting with joy "Come on the Spurs" in the 1st half, much to our frustration. We were half minded to leave at half time, but decided to stay. The second half was such a joy, and we kept shouting "Come on the Spurs" sarcastically as the 4th and 5th goals went in. This has now become a thing, where anytime Utd get battered at the start of a match, we shout "Come on the Spurs". Been shouting it a lot in recent times.
During the game I mentioned. Utd got a corner in front of there fans. I was at the opposite end looking full length of the pitch down the touch line. Gary Neville leathered a ball down from the halfway line to Beckham who was stood waiting for the ball. It was about knee height and never bounced once. Beckham pulled it out of the air by trapping it between his foot and shin and nonchalantly placed it down For a corner. It was a brilliant bit of skill and the Utd fans went mad.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Maybe just about... But only because of other loan spells :ROFLMAO: Overall chelsea have spent £114 million in buying Lukaku twice - sold him for £30 million once...

36 Chelsea appearences in total - 8 goals.

Football is weird

Just a job for these guys, as much as they want it to work, sometimes it’s better to shake hands and move on ??

Swango1980

Visit site
During the game I mentioned. Utd got a corner in front of there fans. I was at the opposite end looking full length of the pitch down the touch line. Gary Neville leathered a ball down from the halfway line to Beckham who was stood waiting for the ball. It was about knee height and never bounced once. Beckham pulled it out of the air by trapping it between his foot and shin and nonchalantly placed it down For a corner. It was a brilliant bit of skill and the Utd fans went mad.
Beckham was absolute class. Sadly, I think some don't give him the credit he deserves, possibly because of his lifestyle off the pitch. However, I was always confident he'd give absolutely everything he had for Utd (and England), never hid, plenty of self confidence, technically fantastic and an absolute beast at crossing / passing the ball. Cristiano Ronaldo effectively took his spot when he left. I wonder how many goals Ronaldo would have scored this year if he had a player like Beckham pinging in passes.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Just a job for these guys, as much as they want it to work, sometimes it’s better to shake hands and move on ??

I do agree - players have no say in transfer fees unless they insert clauses in their contracts - so its not on Lukaku

Just insane money wasted is all!

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Beckham was absolute class. Sadly, I think some don't give him the credit he deserves, possibly because of his lifestyle off the pitch. However, I was always confident he'd give absolutely everything he had for Utd (and England), never hid, plenty of self confidence, technically fantastic and an absolute beast at crossing / passing the ball. Cristiano Ronaldo effectively took his spot when he left. I wonder how many goals Ronaldo would have scored this year if he had a player like Beckham pinging in passes.
I watched on sky recently Beckham's greatest goals. He didn't just score from free kicks, some of his goals were uncanny, he seemed to place the ball in the best place where it was the most awkward for the keeper to get to. Also some of the angles he could shoot from! An amazing player and dedication to the game was second to none.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I watched on sky recently Beckham's greatest goals. He didn't just score from free kicks, some of his goals were uncanny, he seemed to place the ball in the best place where it was the most awkward for the keeper to get to. Also some of the angles he could shoot from! An amazing player and dedication to the game was second to none.

The goal he scored against Spurs in the final league game of the season in 98/99 was a classic case in point. I don’t think that goal was ever truly given the credit it deserved.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
The unbelievably greedy ######## called the Glazers.
Most other clubs are strengthening their squads whilst our owners just rape the club out of another £11M.

BUY SOME PLAYERS, FFS!!!

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Most other clubs are strengthening their squads whilst our owners just rape the club out of another £11M.

BUY SOME PLAYERS, FFS!!!

It’s shaping up to be another long and frustrating summer unless things start to move really quickly. The new season is a mere six weeks away.

D

Deleted member 1740

BUY SOME PLAYERS, FFS!!!

Be careful what you wish for slimey dear boy ?

Skytot

Visit site
Looks like City are signing Philips for £45m. Decent price for a 26 yr old international. Don’t think he will be a starter for city but he will relieve the burden on Rodri

4LEX

Visit site
To be fair, whilst he was never a great manager, McClaren has always had a very good reputation as a coach.

He did about 10 years ago!

He came out and said Utd were going to follow the Poch blueprint this week....someone tell him Ten Hag is in charge :ROFLMAO: