The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
So did Chelsea block Gallagher playing or did the FA?[/QUOTE]

Chelsea did nothing wrong BIM and would support Palace 100% if we were in the same situation. The original loan agreement between the clubs stated he could not play, but as those rules you quote state the FA will let a player play against his own club if they receive written agreement, which is exactly what we asked for from Chelsea. You unsurprisingly refused that request.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Back to actual football matters, another big day in the Championship. Great to see some of the names in the play off spots, the likes of Luton and Forest, who haven't been in the top league for years. Also some good names just below who could also sneak in.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Back to actual football matters, another big day in the Championship. Great to see some of the names in the play off spots, the likes of Luton and Forest, who haven't been in the top league for years. Also some good names just below who could also sneak in.

Would love to see Luton come up, would it be the first club to go out of the football league then to top flight?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Would love to see Luton come up, would it be the first club to go out of the football league then to top flight?
That's a good pub quiz question. I don't know but it sounds about right. It's good to see different teams coming up rather than the same yo yo sides all of the time. Brentford have been great this year, as were Huddersfield and Sheffield United previously.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Indeed it was; was it more or less embarrassing than Andersen going down in the second half holding his head when not touched and McArthur trying to get Anthony Taylor to send Havertz off for a second yellow?

Slag Havertz off by all means, he deserves it for that, but let's be even-handed and call out the Palace players doing the same thing; cheating. (y)

was that bored by half time i saw very little of the 2nd half, apologies for only calling out one of them, its not as if hes the first ive called out on here tho (and that includes Arsenal players, yes Laca im looking at you)

D

Deleted member 1740

was that bored by half time i saw very little of the 2nd half, apologies for only calling out one of them, its not as if hes the first ive called out on here tho (and that includes Arsenal players, yes Laca im looking at you)

You never called Jesus out on saturday neither ??

Imagine calling out footballers diving/clutching face, knee,ankle/cheating every time it happened, you'd need a new keyboard every 3 months.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Indeed it was; was it more or less embarrassing than Andersen going down in the second half holding his head when not touched and McArthur trying to get Anthony Taylor to send Havertz off for a second yellow?

Slag Havertz off by all means, he deserves it for that, but let's be even-handed and call out the Palace players doing the same thing; cheating. (y)
I seem to remember seeing a skit from one of the big comedy teams about football teams practicing such cheating. I'd be happy to see VAR involved and a few players sent off for it. That would get the message across. Realistically, I can't see it happening - but Yellow cards just don't seem to have enough effect. It could, however end up with some games being a bit farcical - something Refs are likely very reluctant to want.

D

Deleted member 1740

I seem to remember seeing a skit from one of the big comedy teams about football teams practicing such cheating. I'd be happy to see VAR involved and a few players sent off for it. That would get the message across. Realistically, I can't see it happening - but Yellow cards just don't seem to have enough effect. It could, however end up with some games being a bit farcical - something Refs are likely very reluctant to want.

Refs and VAR cant even get pens or red cards for bad tackles right. Theres no chance of them sorting the theatrics out.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Refs and VAR cant even get pens or red cards for bad tackles right. Theres no chance of them sorting the theatrics out.
As a (pretty much) neutral, I'd dispute your first sentence, though they certainly may not get 'every' one right - to fans on both sides agreement. But the sort of cheating the Ref got spot on yesterday (so no need for VAR) is blot on the game imo. Unfortuntely, in reality, it actually seems to be an acceptable part of it!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Its a world football issue. It needs to be led from FIFA and UEFA.

It's all well and good the PL trying to fight it, we wont get rid of it single handedly.
Totally agree!
And, unfortunately, I doubt it will ever happen! But it certainly taints my enjoyment of otherwise excellent matches - even to the extent of being the first incident - ahead of any of the rather good goals - that springs to mind about the game!

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Fair dos, he's not the first you've called, and I've called out my own when I can be bothered with this thread. It just grinds my gears when this only goes one way, and this was as bad a case of simulation as Havertz' one was, but Taylor did nothing, not that I'm surprised.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

I was embarrassed by Anderson too, he clearly was not hit on the head. To be honest I despair of the diving, sitting down as if injured to slow play etc etc. I thought Havertz may have just gone too far. Anyway, Chelsea, Man City and LiVARpool are the top three teams and we are around 11th so it was unlikely we'd win but I did think we shaded the first half.