The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sad News and not one for you ‘kids’ on here. Gento died today, great player and remember him against Eintract Frankfurt 1963 @Ibrox. . Must be one of the best European Cup Finals ever 7-3.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If only Fulham could carry this form into the PL next season. Sadly we're no doubt sell half the squad again and spunk millions on new players and be cannon fodder again.
You have not won yet HJS? Sure you will be you have a reverse fixture against my club which you hammered in November. Really hope your health is better Martin.

Swango1980

Visit site
Christ, the Everton manager odds make depressing reading. You have to skip down to 20/1 before you find anyone you'd actually want.
The odds for the next England manager are not much better. Joint favourites on Betfair are either Dean Smith or Sean Dyche, both at 5/1. The likes of Potter, Gerrard, Lampard are 10/1 or worse.

Notable others, Benitez or Gary Neville at 25/1, Beckham or Emma Hayes at 33/1, Hodgson at 50/1, Steve Bruce, Michael Owen or Rio at 75/1, Carragher, Scholes or Allardyce at 100/1

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The odds for the next England manager are not much better. Joint favourites on Betfair are either Dean Smith or Sean Dyche, both at 5/1. The likes of Potter, Gerrard, Lampard are 10/1 or worse.

Notable others, Benitez or Gary Neville at 25/1, Beckham or Emma Hayes at 33/1, Hodgson at 50/1, Steve Bruce, Michael Owen or Rio at 75/1, Carragher, Scholes or Allardyce at 100/1
Who adds those names? Do they throw them in after a night on the beer?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Probably from tripe like SunBet (was it them who offered those odds on the non-league player eating a pie?). If they ever appoint a woman as the men's team manager in my lifetime I'll be shocked. Got to laugh how Bruce is the same odds as Michael Owen though. Poor guy, the disrespect is real. :ROFLMAO:

Swango1980

Visit site
Probably from tripe like SunBet (was it them who offered those odds on the non-league player eating a pie?). If they ever appoint a woman as the men's team manager in my lifetime I'll be shocked. Got to laugh how Bruce is the same odds as Michael Owen though. Poor guy, the disrespect is real. :ROFLMAO:
And that they think it is more likely Beckham, Emma Hayes or Roy Hodgson are more likely to be appointed than Steve Bruce.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Sad News and not one for you ‘kids’ on here. Gento died today, great player and remember him against Eintract Frankfurt 1963 @Ibrox. . Must be one of the best European Cup Finals ever 7-3.
My dad was at Hampden for the European Cup final between Real and Eintracht in 1960 and raved about Gento. He took me to Stamford Bridge to watch a Great Britain against Europe legends game in 1972. We basically only went to see Gento (and Puskas) but there's some top names in these lineups - if you'd asked me if I ever saw Billy Wright play, or Ernst Happel I'd have said 'before my time' - looking back at the line ups apparently not!

Teams were:
The GB line-up was:

Jack Kelsey, George Cohen, Jimmy Armfield, Danny Blanchflower (Jimmy Hill), Billy Wright (Mel Hopkins), Pat Crerand, Dave Sexton, Bryan Douglas, John Charles, Johnny Haynes, Frank Blunstone.

Scorers: Charles 3, Haynes.

Europe team:

Gyula Grosics; Dezso Novak, Branko Zebec, Kalman Meszoly, Willi Schulz, Ernst Happel (Bennie Muller), Ferenc Sipos, Sandor Matrai, Juste Fontaine, Ferenc Puskas, Francesco Gento.

Scorers: Meszoly, Puskas, Muller, Happel, Gento.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So an Arsenal player being investigated for odd betting patterns on him to be booked earlier in the season. Anyone want to lay me a price its the clown at Leeds lol

D

Deleted member 16999

Mate, you need think about it, Southgate is under contract for another 2 years, so, unless he resigns or does something daft (unlikely) then the bookies will fill it with strange, nonsensical starters in the hope some clown wastes their money on putting a bet on it now. Bookies aren’t daft at getting fools and their money to seperate.