The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This is where keepers get too much protection in my eyes.... Yes he had it in 2 hands, but he just as much fell onto the Brighton player as the Brighton player did make an attempt to win the ball. Think he was a tad fortunate there.

think its handball not a foul Trossard knocks it out with his elbow, not that VAR would know its ...... from its elbow

no chance they give that as a goal after disallowing the Schmeical one earlier in the season

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
This is where keepers get too much protection in my eyes.... Yes he had it in 2 hands, but he just as much fell onto the Brighton player as the Brighton player did make an attempt to win the ball. Think he was a tad fortunate there.

I agree and back in the day when I played that would have been a goal. Mind you it was a crap penalty so Brighton should have been ahead anyway

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
think its handball not a foul Trossard knocks it out with his elbow, not that VAR would know its ...... from its elbow

no chance they give that as a goal after disallowing the Schmeical one earlier in the season

That could make sense, I thought it was his thigh the ball got knocked into.

EDIT... Just seen it back and that should have stood, I don't see what the Maupay was supposed to do. The keeper falls into him as much as the other way round and knocks the ball from his hands. I'd like to have see that stand.

D

Deleted member 15344

Well looks like that’s prob it for the league - teams needed Chelsea to get something to keep it alive but 13 points is a huge gap to a squad like Chelsea’s - they aren’t going to drop enough points.

Seems they have Covid issues -guess that’s the difference with City , they can easily absorb it

Did also see that somehow during Covid they are prob going to the only club to make a profit - no idea how they have managed that but their commercial income from their various Abu Dhabi partnership turned around a £130mil loss ( despite a drop in match day revenue ) - that commercial income is now the highest in the Prem - amazing ?

Oops ??

D

Deleted member 15344

I get that, doesnt mean I have to agree with it, as far as been released we have 1 covid case!
711A8E3C-71E2-4DB2-90EE-85EC955C92C7.jpeg
It seems it’s also down to registered players etc - the club have youth players that could play in EFL cup for example but not in the Prem

Don’t understand why the players went out on loan though if the squad is that small ?

Swango1980

Visit site
sounds like Arsenal have got away with it, tomorrows derby being postponed
The Premier League is becoming a joke, teams can manipulate things now to have games postponed if it suits them. As far as I'm aware, no other top league allows it. Surely PL teams can get players in from their reserve/youth teams, like they do in the league cup?

Spurs will be happy, will probably have to play Arsenal when Arsenal have a full squad to pick from. If so, and I was running Spurs, I'd just say we can't play as we have too many injuries.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I think City were one of the first teams last season to cancel a game due to COVID. The noise from fans screaming ( particularly teams that were going for the title) to deduct points from City was deafening. The hypocrisy this season where clubs are now quite frankly taking the mick, yet the same fans all of a sudden have nothing to say.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
View attachment 40631
It seems it’s also down to registered players etc - the club have youth players that could play in EFL cup for example but not in the Prem

Don’t understand why the players went out on loan though if the squad is that small ?

Partly mismanagement, partly because we have no football apart from the league left after next week. Clear AMN was never getting a crack under Arteta and they were always going to loan Balogun out as he wont get much first team football, as i posted the other day; 4 in africa, 5 or 6 injured, 1 clown suspended, 2 loaned out, theyve only actually declared Oedegaard as having Covid it seems

Wonder if we want the 2nd leg postponed in the week lol

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I get that, doesnt mean I have to agree with it, as far as been released we have 1 covid case!

I hear you but why should a rival have an advantage of choosing when to play a fixture. Two wrongs don't make a right but I can see why your club would take this course of action.

D

Deleted member 16999

I think City were one of the first teams last season to cancel a game due to COVID. The noise from fans screaming ( particularly teams that were going for the title) to deduct points from City was deafening. The hypocrisy this season where clubs are now quite frankly taking the mick, yet the same fans all of a sudden have nothing to say.
Tashy, No Team is taking the “mick” they are using the rules the idiots at the PL have allowed.

Look at the FA Cup, FA said no postponements use any player from any level to get the game played.

The PL have said No to this and therefore only the 25 Squad players count towards the 13 outfield and 1 goalkeeper.

Why oh why in a competition worth millions of pounds would any Club purposely play a weakened team when they don’t have to, yes it may stink etc, but all teams having games cancelled have to provide evidence to the PL.

Swango1980

Visit site
Partly mismanagement, partly because we have no football apart from the league left after next week. Clear AMN was never getting a crack under Arteta and they were always going to loan Balogun out as he wont get much first team football, as i posted the other day; 4 in africa, 5 or 6 injured, 1 clown suspended, 2 loaned out, theyve only actually declared Oedegaard as having Covid it seems

Wonder if we want the 2nd leg postponed in the week lol
Basically, if Covid didn't exist (and therefore teams couldn't ask.for games to.be suspended), Arsenal would be thread bare. But, on a technicality they have a get out of jail free card and have game postponed? It is a joke. All clubs pulling a fast one have made it a joke.

Mind you, I'm delighted to be a telly clapper. I'd hate to be getting myself prepared to have a day out at a big game, train tickets booked and maybe hotel booked. And then game is called off at the last second. I'd want to be compensated for all my expenses.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

Take it as a compliment - I do. I love how we've become the team to hate and dig dirt on...means we're doing something right on the pitch. "Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius". :)

Tashyboy

Visit site
Tashy, No Team is taking the “mick” they are using the rules the idiots at the PL have allowed.

Look at the FA Cup, FA said no postponements use any player from any level to get the game played.

The PL have said No to this and therefore only the 25 Squad players count towards the 13 outfield and 1 goalkeeper.

Why oh why in a competition worth millions of pounds would any Club purposely play a weakened team when they don’t have to, yes it may stink etc, but all teams having games cancelled have to provide evidence to the PL.

What about Liverpool. Klopp says X number of false positives. As Colchester said. You have a positive LFT, within an hour all players could and should of had a PCR and the results would of been back. Everyone has been busting a gut to get back to playing football and now we have this debacle. Tuchel mentioned how lucky City have been but when Pep was absent last week City had 21 out with COVID inc 7 players.. Teams like Burnley at the back end of the season are going to be in a right old mess.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Take it as a compliment - I do. I love how we've become the team to hate and dig dirt on...means we're doing something right on the pitch. "Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius". :)
Amanda, ain’t that the truth. Looking forward to when City play next in a big game so we can comment about it on here ??

D

Deleted member 16999

What about Liverpool. Klopp says X number of false positives. As Colchester said. You have a positive LFT, within an hour all players could and should of had a PCR and the results would of been back. Everyone has been busting a gut to get back to playing football and now we have this debacle. Tuchel mentioned how lucky City have been but when Pep was absent last week City had 21 out with COVID inc 7 players.. Teams like Burnley at the back end of the season are going to be in a right old mess.
What about LPool? Who cares about Burnley? Last season your game with us was cancelled with 3hrs notice with 4 cases of Covid, I remember you and others laughing when it was suggested Everton should of been awarded the points (I didn’t agree with that by the way) with it being such short notice.

Like City, LPool would of had to produce the evidence.

We are hopefully seeing some end to this Covid, but just accept some will worse affected than others. It’s a game of Football, far more important things in life.

D

Deleted member 15344

I wonder how many other squads in the Prem can have 21 players out and still play the team that was played against Swindon
Walker
Dias
Cancelo
Ake
De Bruyne
Rodri
Silva
Jesus
Gundogan

And having a £50mil CB sat on the bench

Any other team loses 21 players to Covid and they are playing a full Under 18 squad

So Tuchel has prob got a point

And in regards the postponement last year - was that not more about the lateness of the postponement hence there were some suggesting the game against Everton should have been awarded to Everton because of how late it was