The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Pin-seeker

Visit site
It’s not just human rights though - as well as all the other equality issues ,

Have no idea what other sponsership other clubs have but right now the new chairman is the man who authorised the killing of a journalist who was just practicing free speech and who was exposing issues within the country - that just doesn’t sit well at all. They claim he will have no involvement in the club yet it’s his money being used and he is the chairman of the Saudi PIF - for me it’s crossed a line irrelevant of how much money they have - that’s secondary to the actions of the state and under his orders

Also how can they spend £500mil over the next three windows without breaking FFP when they clubs last accounts had them making a loss of £22mil ?

The club will make a loss again for the accounts up to May 2021 as well and pre Covid they were making around £30mil profit

How can they break even over a three year period with a spend of £500mil ? Where does the £500mil come from - or is there an expectation that the club will be sponsered by Aramco to the tune of £500mil
Is this factual? Because apparently he denies it,which obviously he would.

4LEX

Visit site
I guess a good dig around the (real) books and characters at several clubs would turn up some interesting stories. :)

Goggle Stan Flashman and Ken Richardson from the old days. I think Flashman sacked Barry Fry over 30 times during his time at Barnet and used to threaten to break the players legs if they lost :ROFLMAO:

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
It’s not just human rights though - as well as all the other equality issues ,

Have no idea what other sponsership other clubs have but right now the new chairman is the man who authorised the killing of a journalist who was just practicing free speech and who was exposing issues within the country - that just doesn’t sit well at all. They claim he will have no involvement in the club yet it’s his money being used and he is the chairman of the Saudi PIF - for me it’s crossed a line irrelevant of how much money they have - that’s secondary to the actions of the state and under his orders

Also how can they spend £500mil over the next three windows without breaking FFP when they clubs last accounts had them making a loss of £22mil ?

The club will make a loss again for the accounts up to May 2021 as well and pre Covid they were making around £30mil profit

How can they break even over a three year period with a spend of £500mil ? Where does the £500mil come from - or is there an expectation that the club will be sponsered by Aramco to the tune of £500mil
Not sure if you think MBS is the new chairman… he isn’t, but again we can go round in circles arguing that. There are accusations regarding the actual chairman also, but again as far as I am aware unproven.

As for spending ~£500m. The below is from price of football:
Whilst Mike Ashley is not popular In Newcastle, his legacy for new owners is a profitable club. In last 3 yrs profit £38m, factor in FFP adjustments for academy etc of about £50m & this means the new owners have an allowable FFP loss of £105m plus £88m= £190m+ to play with. The latest accounts aren’t included in that, neither are the PL adjustments for C19. So let’s call it £200m to stop going around in circles.
These figures are based on current commercial arrangements, Soorts direct have paid £1m per year to be the main sponsors of the stadium etc, so without even considering outlandish deals similar to etihad, it’s not inconceivable that yes they will grow significantly.

However, even if none of that was to happen and we carry on with exactly the same arrangements we have now, transfer deals are still amortised over the life of a contract. So a £100m deal over five years is still only £20m this year (yes salaries also need to be paid etc) but with a longer term plan/commitment in place I’m pretty sure the club will be more commercially sound and easily cover those salaries.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Now looking at a football side - all the talk is about them now winning the league within 5 years - imo I don’t see them doing that and maybe not for a while
Chelsea did it in 2 years. City needed 4, but at that point there was already more money in the game that the boost wasn’t effective that quickly. Newcastle might take even longer as there are competing against the above billionaire funded clubs.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
The referee in the England game is beyond abysmal ...................... she's so bad it's almost funny!
Not helped by her colleagues, either.

D

Deleted member 16999

Decent win, some good performances, shocked they let Grealish run that far with the ball before he scored.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Goggle Stan Flashman and Ken Richardson from the old days. I think Flashman sacked Barry Fry over 30 times during his time at Barnet and used to threaten to break the players legs if they lost :ROFLMAO:

I’m old enough to know all about them… you need to read up about a bloke called George Borg… gives Fry a run for his money!