The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
A lot of excitement in the NE about the takeover being back on. Saudis have agreed that BEin can now operate in KSA and apparantly that will remove the need for arbitration.
Can’t say I’m thrilled at the prospect of being owned by that regime, but suppose the small positive is it gets rid of Ashley.

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
A lot of excitement in the NE about the takeover being back on. Saudis have agreed that BEin can now operate in KSA and apparantly that will remove the need for arbitration.
Can’t say I’m thrilled at the prospect of being owned by that regime, but suppose the small positive is it gets rid of Ashley.
Looks like could be imminent and has escalated very quickly. George Caulkin saying I to last few hours of Ashley ownership.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Watching the nations league between Italy and Spain.

Jorginho and biscuits are having a dive off and seeing who can roll the furthest

4LEX

Visit site
Having spent time in Durham, always had time for Newcastle. They deserve this and will become a superclub within 5 years. You won't get thousands of empty seats at St James in the CL :sneaky:

D

Deleted member 15344

Listening to the fans calling in on the way home and that was the general feeling - they don’t want to be part of the sport washing and be owned by them but they are desperate for Ashley to go - with financial restrictions in place are they able to do what Chelsea then City did ?

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
Listening to the fans calling in on the way home and that was the general feeling - they don’t want to be part of the sport washing and be owned by them but they are desperate for Ashley to go - with financial restrictions in place are they able to do what Chelsea then City did ?
They certainly won’t be able to do what Chelsea and Man City did, but the one positive of Ashley is he has left us in a reasonably healthy position to spend. Some stuff I seen last year intimated that we could reasonably spend ~£250m without breaching ffp. That’s not including the fact we will be much more marketable to firms in the Middle East. (Expect Saudi airline/tourism deal pretty much straightaway)
Increased season tickets, spending on match day etc we should be in a pretty healthy position.
I don’t think they’ll go out and spend a huge amount on players though, think the initial outlay will be on training ground and stadium

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
They certainly won’t be able to do what Chelsea and Man City did, but the one positive of Ashley is he has left us in a reasonably healthy position to spend. Some stuff I seen last year intimated that we could reasonably spend ~£250m without breaching ffp. That’s not including the fact we will be much more marketable to firms in the Middle East. (Expect Saudi airline/tourism deal pretty much straightaway)
Increased season tickets, spending on match day etc we should be in a pretty healthy position.
I don’t think they’ll go out and spend a huge amount on players though, think the initial outlay will be on training ground and stadium
What do you think needs doing at the stadium? Nothing stands out as being in obvious need of replacement or improvement but I don't go that often to judge that well.

D

Deleted member 15344

Would certainly be interesting to see what manager they can attract and also which players.

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
What do you think needs doing at the stadium? Nothing stands out as being in obvious need of replacement or improvement but I don't go that often to judge that well.
The sports direct advertising will be a good start... haha. But I think in general it just needs a refresh, in some places just a good lick of paint would do. But stuff like a revamp of the kiosks would be a good start, then the corporate areas are years behind what you‘d expect/get elsewhere.
As for manager, yesterdays favorites were wilder and Howe as next manager, today it’s zidane and conte haha. I’d hope for Howe, and then a focus on the structure round him. CEO, DoF and an overhaul of the academy and scouting set up.