The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
Was there any arguing over who took it?

If not, there may be next time, that is something that Ole can't allow to go unsorted. Two big personalities, it needs sorting out prior rather than on the pitch at a crucial time.
Not sure, initially heard Bruno took.it off Ronaldo, then heard he just kept it from Ronaldo. Will have to wait to see on Match of the Day. Can't imagine Ronaldo was happy.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Was there any arguing over who took it?

If not, there may be next time, that is something that Ole can't allow to go unsorted. Two big personalities, it needs sorting out prior rather than on the pitch at a crucial time.

Martinez got booked for telling Fernandes to let Ronaldo take it on all accounts :D

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure I wanna talk about football today. Not only does fantastic Ole lead Utd to a 1-0 defeat to Villa at Old Trafford, Bruno somehow is arrogant enough to think he should take penalties ahead of Ronaldo. Absolute joke.

Once again we flatter to deceive.
Don’t see where you get Bruno being arrogant seeing his penalty record.

Swango1980

Visit site
Once again we flatter to deceive.
Don’t see where you get Bruno being arrogant seeing his penalty record.
He is decent, but he isn't Ronaldo. He had a couple poor ones last year from what I remember, but got to retake them as keeper was a millimetre of his line. I don't think even Mark Noble would take a penalty over Ronaldo, despite his record.

D

Deleted member 15344

What a great game this is - One season wonder getting his 100 Prem goal in only 150 games ( 4th fastest ) , excellent battling from Brentford to get back in and then a sweet strike from Jones - plenty left in this and Brentford are certainly a great team to watch

Edit - fair result , great game and Brentford are going to have some fun this season

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1740

Defensively, as a team, that was scandalous and that's not knee jerk reaction.

Piss poor.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Since the 3.00pm and 5.30 games finished there have been 6 posts on the footy thread. Wheres everyone, out buying petrol. ?

4LEX

Visit site
Big performance from City today. After a few poor performances they went to Chelsea and ran the show. Title racing is shaping up nicely.

Utd and Ole had that result coming. Poor set up and late changes yet again.

Swango1980

Visit site
Big performance from City today. After a few poor performances they went to Chelsea and ran the show. Title racing is shaping up nicely.

I believe Villa had several great chances as well, so Utd possibly flattered to only concede one. I simply cannot see Utd going on a large winning streak, so rely on others dropping points to stay in the hunt.

Lukaku hasn't proved himself against the big sides yet. Only saw end of game, so.not sure how Chelsea played overall.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

In all honesty alex City really have been blowing hot and cold. The performances against Southampton and Spurs were shocking. That said am loving the title looks like being a close un. Loving even more so the “ smaller” teams are not rolling over. latest rumour is sheik mansour has said to City. Get Mbappe at all costs in January.
bloody spell check

Last edited: