• Start date

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
20f8e8b5-b2fa-4a3b-8bf4-3f55c4c93412-jpeg.38479

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I'm a United fan and Ole embarrasses me.

United's squad, in my opinion, is not far off the best squad in history of PL (despite no Roy Keane leadership). But, excuses are continually made for Ole. Weak defensive midfield, not Ole's fault.

I've never really watched a top.side and thought they've the perfect player in ever position. The best teams have several great player, leaders, workers and a great manager to.get them playing to.full potential. Pepe or Klopp, I'm fairly confident they'd win many trophies with this Utd team. Ole looks for his players to inspire him.

All I can hope for is Ole proves me wrong. But he has done nothing to make me think that is a realistic dream.

Solskjaer is repeatedly found wanting in the big games, and that is a real worry.

His substitutions last night were baffling, most notably his decision to hook Ronaldo. YB’s were keeping 2/3 players back simply to keep an eye on him and as soon as he was replaced that allowed them to get forward against a side already down to ten men and up against it.

We have a great squad now. But the manager needs to step up to the plate when it really matters.

D

Deleted member 15344

What a great match of football - brilliant to watch , made it a bit too tense at times

And Man City winning 6-3 with a RBL player getting a hat trick and losing ?‍♂️

4LEX

Visit site
Liverpool and City were amazing, not easy games but the way Liverpool hit back in the second half was top class.

I watched the final 20 minutes of the PSG game and was disgusted with what I saw. I know I said Utd last season were a horrible and arrogant side but PSG this season take it to new levels. Messi is finished and does nothing but get it too deep and pass sideways, what a sad end to his career being surrounded by mercenaries and posers. In a fifth rate league then getting outplayed by a team from Belgium.

D

Deleted member 1740

Liverpool and City were amazing, not easy games but the way Liverpool hit back in the second half was top class.

I watched the final 20 minutes of the PSG game and was disgusted with what I saw. I know I said Utd last season were a horrible and arrogant side but PSG this season take it to new levels. Messi is finished and does nothing but get it too deep and pass sideways, what a sad end to his career being surrounded by mercenaries and posers. In a fifth rate league then getting outplayed by a team from Belgium.

Even more worrying for PSG, they struggled to put more than 1 goal past Mignolet ?‍♂️

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

I went last night, first time sat in padded seats, lovely. Counted sixty Leipzig red Bull fans. Ten more than City ? I thought City were poor. An OG, penalty, individual goal from Jackie Chan, goal from a corner. That’s not the free flowing City I know. Not complaining but The game was amazing City not so.
That said once more I came away bogged off. VAR is better, a lot better. But it has been replace by offside. Two scored goals, play is allowed to continue then the linesman puts up the flag to say offside. ? bloody why? If he knows it is offside why allow play to continue. Why not put flag up straight away.If he is not sure VAR is there. But to know he is offside and let play continue is both stupid and wrong for fans at the game.

D

Deleted member 1740

I went last night, first time sat in padded seats, lovely. Counted sixty Leipzig red Bull fans. Ten more than City ? I thought City were poor. An OG, penalty, individual goal from Jackie Chan, goal from a corner. That’s not the free flowing City I know. Not complaining but The game was amazing City not so.
That said once more I came away bogged off. VAR is better, a lot better. But it has been replace by offside. Two scored goals, play is allowed to continue then the linesman puts up the flag to say offside. ? bloody why? If he knows it is offside why allow play to continue. Why not put flag up straight away.If he is not sure VAR is there. But to know he is offside and let play continue is both stupid and wrong for fans at the game.

Tashyboy selling out and going in the padded seats eh, who would've thought eh Tashy lad???

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Why theyre doing it is what happens when he blows up for offside but was wrong. VAR cant then help as play wasnt allowed to develop. For eg Salahs goal last night would never have happened if it had been flagged straight away.

The clear ones should def be flagged early but I can see why they are not flagging the close ones, not saying I agree with it but theyre doing it to try and get less "wrong" decisions

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Why theyre doing it is what happens when he blows up for offside but was wrong. VAR cant then help as play wasnt allowed to develop. For eg Salahs goal last night would never have happened if it had been flagged straight away.

The clear ones should def be flagged early but I can see why they are not flagging the close ones, not saying I agree with it but theyre doing it to try and get less "wrong" decisions

Bang on, some people still dont get it.

They have to be "sure". Once you've flagged, thats the end of the move.

Yes if someone is clearly 3-5 yards offside, flag, but anything even close to marginal, keep it down, VAR can sort it if it leads directly to a goal.

I remember an Arsenal one at OT the other year, when players were crossing over. Initially you "felt" it was offside in real time, but when checked was a decent amount on - it would have been flagged years ago, we know how trigger happy linoes are at OT for the opposition in the past, arent we?;)

Last edited:

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bang on, some people still dont get it.

They have to be "sure". Once you've flagged, thats the end of the move.

Yes if someone is clearly 3-5 yards offside, flag, but anything even close to marginal, keep it down, VAR can sort it if it leads direct to a goal.

I remember an Arsenal one at OT the other year, when players were crossing over. Initially you "felt" it was offside in real time, but when checked was a decent amount on - it would have been flagged years ago, and know how trigger happy linoes are at OT for the opposition in the past, arent we?

Josh king against West ham had flag up when he scored only for it to be given onside by var

Tbh do away with linos making offside calls if var is there .. var will do it anyways

D

Deleted member 15344

Tashyboy selling out and going in the padded seats eh, who would've thought eh Tashy lad???

Did you hear the plea from Guardiola asking for fans to go to the game ? the ticket issue is causing mayhem

D

Deleted member 15344

What ticket issue?

I watched the Liverpool game last night. Really enjoyed it!! Never thought Liverpool would lose it, but they decided to stress out the locals!

It seems there was some auto purchase on cup tickets etc for some ST holders and some it issues etc which have either meant fans have refused to go or some can’t get in - that’s what some fans are saying . They do seem to have lots of match day tickets on general sale , not many Prem Teams manage that

They have had lots of empty seats but I’m not sure how often they previously sold out

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What ticket issue?

I watched the Liverpool game last night. Really enjoyed it!! Never thought Liverpool would lose it, but they decided to stress out the locals!
Yes we need to put teams like them away when we have so much dominance.
But apart from a couple of mins before half time we always looked in control.
The lads trying to get in the first team put everything into the game.
Your not wrong about nervy but cracking game.
Thought Tiago was class.