The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

I agree, but i want us to massively come away from people being touched and just hitting the deck to get a foul.

It'll never be perfect, but would rather it went back the other way, and some be not right, than the last 5-10 years of it being a race to hit the deck. It has become too soft.

The majority of sensible football fans want exactly the same P. The old "contact is contact" "rules are rules" plebs won't grasp that though.

Hopefully the refs will start to use their own common sense and give the fouls when they're fouls before its too late.

At the minute you can see it's almost as if they have to let every foul go.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Regardless of the player it's a terrible tackle, I even felt sorry for Richarlison for a couple of seconds then I gave my head a shake?

Maybe someone was living rent fr....... you know the rest.

Richarlison must have the biggest sulk face in football, surely even some die hard blues hate that face of his as well.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
It amazes me how you guys like to play football with a round ball.

It looks almost like a volley ball only bigger and heavier.

Doesn't seem natural.

And you don't even have to.

You've got both league and union rugby to choose from,

but you choose to obsess over association football instead.

I'd rather watch paint dry.

Then again, I can sit through a four hour baseball game,

so it's all what one is accustomed to.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There was a challenge on Richarlison last night which was exactly the same as the one on Elliot. So much so Gary and Jamie included it in their analysis after game. I don't think anyone batted an eyelid at the time in terms of it being a red, not even a yellow to be honest.

The red was given on the challenge on Elliot simply down to the injury.

Many many many challenges require players to leave the ground for a fraction of a second. Doesn't make it a dangerous lunge. A player could make a challenge by not leaving the ground, mis time it or be aggressive and snap someones leg in 2.

It is too simplistic by trying to justify a red simply by saying a player left the ground or out of control (for any given foul, is the player in control?). Surely each challenge needs to be analysed in it's own terms. Sometimes horrific injuries occur from the most tame, innocent and honest challenges. Sometimes the most horrific challenges luckily result in no injury at all.
Yes I agree with most of what you say.
But the biggest thing for me out of all this is “do the refs know what a foul is anymore”?
If you have both feet off the ground diving in to a challenge and you hurt someone the ref has to decide if your out of control.
They change the rules interpretation so often it’s just a mess.
Like the flag not going up for offside , as soon as someone gets seriously hurt it will go back to normal.
I don’t envy the refs but they are supposed to be the best!?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That’s a shocker on Richalason.
It’s that sort of thing that causes trouble because the ref didn’t do anything.
Is that a clear and obvious error by the ref?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Doesn't seem natural.

That's because it's played with the feet ie football rather than hugging with your hands

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Some serious backtracking here PJ.

Can't defend/can't defend well is the same thing, as you suggested he should move into midfield.

He's told and coached by the manager to get that far up the field, there will be times he gets exposed, that's football. It's about taking risks. He's not a F1 car.

I've seen more of TAA in 5 seasons than you have and I don't need a 5min clip to see he has faults.
That game you're actually talking about I was right in line with that goal, it was a big looping header. He wasn't at fault for giving a free header on the front post. Zonal marking doesn't have the back post protected, that's a downfall of zonal marking.

Very few top teams play 442, and neither do we. Playing a 433 or 451 you'd be dropping 1 of Jota,Mane or Salah. Who would you drop to play TAA further forward?

Klopp speaks the truth, sometimes it's hard to understand when you let your hatred for Liverpool cloud your judgement.

Obviously we see Klopp differently
I actually like him and his honesty at times but TAA best right back in the world I would question.

Mo Salah in the 100 club, fair play.
Just about creeping in to a 2 season wonder:)

4LEX

Visit site

Doesn't seem natural.

Playing a sport with a ball is one of the most natural things. Playing with an egg that bounces unevenly, thus taking the element of skill away and placing more random luck into play, isn't. Let's see NBA with an egg and see how it goes.....

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sunday morning football challenge that was.
Thought Burnley were over aggressive at times but good football prevailed.
Great goal by Townsend
Burnley are a physical team it’s part of their game.
That’s where the ref must protect the opponents.
Rash challenges like that need to be punished.