The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I agree 100% but I'm just asking the question, did he do it safely as studs were showing?
The bit that did me was the Woman referee said it’s not a penalty, but the on field ref said it is. 😳

That said, for the first time this tournament I am excited. Foden playing where he is has linked up with Sakai and Mainoo and he, they, England look different. Why has it taken five games though.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Been watching Kanes movement he’s everywhere except where he should be.
He’s on the left wing crossing to that well known powerhouse in the air Saka.
Defenders pushed out after the free kick but Kanes behind Pickford😳
Just don’t get it.

Much better performance but we need goals while we’re on top.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
It’s a totally different England. Dominated the majority of the play but the Netherlands are extremely good on the break. This match could go either way. Great match though. Had an empty glass for 20 minutes. Can relax and get a top up now.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Wouldn't watching England be so much better if we played like this all of the time. More zip, creative players in their correct positions. A pleasure to watch.
But it is not rocket science to put round pegs in round holes. The only square peg is Trippier who has had a good game. There has been times where a left winger should be.

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The bit that did me was the Woman referee said it’s not a penalty, but the on field ref said it is. 😳

That said, for the first time this tournament I am excited. Foden playing where he is has linked up with Sakai and Mainoo and he, they, England look different. Why has it taken five games though.
Think the ref said it wasn’t!
But VAR told him he was wrong!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been watching Kanes movement he’s everywhere except where he should be.
He’s on the left wing crossing to that well known powerhouse in the air Saka.
Defenders pushed out after the free kick but Kanes behind Pickford😳
Just don’t get it.

Much better performance but we need goals while we’re on top.

But he took the penalty very well considering his leg had been badly broken a minute earlier.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Kane studs up?

Mate, you’re splitting hairs. That’s one of the biggest examples of six of one, half a dozen of the other that I have ever seen on a football pitch.

Bottom line, if that goes against England in our eighteen yard box we’d be absolutely raging.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Blimey. Have Netherlands not watched our previous performances? Thanks for retreating, not pressing, and leaving big pockets on the edge of the area. We have to take advantage of this poor Dutch defence. Please! 🙏

Tashyboy

Visit site
Re the penalty I found it an odd one, if the defender don’t go to block the shot. You would sub him. I think he went for the ball and not trying to block the shot 2-3 ft away. If he does and Kane kicks his foot/ studs you can hardly say it’s a penalty. His studs up didn’t help his cause. Was that why he was booked re studs up?

Tashyboy

Visit site
Blimey. Have Netherlands not watched our previous performances? Thanks for retreating, not pressing, and leaving big pockets on the edge of the area. We have to take advantage of this poor Dutch defence. Please! 🙏
This is what I was just saying to Missis T, problem is, if they press and go long does VVD have pace if a ball is played over the top. Come what May Spain have been fantastic in the press.
Shaw hopefully will give more balance.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Been the same for years.
I detest the phrase "won a penalty", why not just say they dived.
It's the same as 'drawing a foul' in basket ball.... absolutely no different & completely acceptable. Attacker deceives defender & gets reward... simple as that.