The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
The Premier League is the best in the world. Best players, best managers, etc.

So good, that of the 12 teams making it to the semi-finals of European competitions, one Premier League side made it through. Villa in the Europa Conference League. A major delight for brand Premier League :)

Well done to Villa btw. I'll be cheering you on to win.
The problem is you keep basing it on 1 season or 1 set of results, you are using a narrow field to help justify your point.

In reality you know you are talking absolute rubbish. The PL is one of the best leagues in the world on a consistent basis, one of cup results don’t change that. Coventry beating Wolves must mean the championship is better yes.

When deleted user left and we lost a deluded fan I was hopeful but it seems that hope is lost already.

Swango1980

Visit site
Well I thought the conversation had been done to death and you told us how much you love the PL.

But first chance to give it a kick, you’re straight back in.

So you keep going, hang on in there.🙄
Not really first chance. I could have been straight in here last night after all.

I know it is raw, and isn't entirely useful for your narrative that the Premier League has the best teams in the world (and thus Europe). But, performances in the lesser European competitions also have some relevance to the discussion.

Personally, I hope next season all PL teams (except Liverpool) come put fighting, and win the lot. But, going into semi finals this season, I never thought the PL teams were as strong as many seemed to make out, especially in Champions League against Real Madrid and Bayern. I think I only expected Liverpool and Villa to be outright favourites on their games.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Jurgen Klopp Farewell Tour:

17 March 2024: Farewell FA Cup
14 April 2024: Farewell Premier League
18 April 2024: Farewell Europa League

I had a little chuckle last night.
Wasn’t it only last November when some Liverpool fans were pouring scorn on Newcastle for getting booted out of the Champions League 🤔
Can’t remember exactly but the sentiment was that it was a waste of a qualifying space when Liverpool could have done so much better in the competition 🤭

Swango1980

Visit site
The problem is you keep basing it on 1 season or 1 set of results, you are using a narrow field to help justify your point.

In reality you know you are talking absolute rubbish. The PL is one of the best leagues in the world on a consistent basis, one of cup results don’t change that. Coventry beating Wolves must mean the championship is better yes.

When deleted user left and we lost a deluded fan I was hopeful but it seems that hope is lost already.
Yes, I am talking about THIS season. City are probably weaker. Liverpool are poorer than they were a few years ago. Not sure if Arsenal are better, or just teams have come back to them. Man Utd and Chelsea are awful. Meanwhile, there are amazing players and great teams outside the Premier League, and many other leagues have clubs that consistently do well also.

It isn't a deluded point of view, and others have also questioned it. Every one of my posts, I've simply tried to stick to the facts. Whereas one or 2 of those that can't bare to think the Premier League isn't the best, simply start making personal digs back at myself, rather than just sticking to their own counter arguments.

Yet I'm the deluded one?

I just question, that as we sit here today, the Premier League not as good as some think in terms of quality, OR people must be majorly disappointed about the poor showing this season.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Yes, I am talking about THIS season. City are probably weaker. Liverpool are poorer than they were a few years ago. Not sure if Arsenal are better, or just teams have come back to them. Man Utd and Chelsea are awful. Meanwhile, there are amazing players and great teams outside the Premier League, and many other leagues have clubs that consistently do well also.

It isn't a deluded point of view, and others have also questioned it. Every one of my posts, I've simply tried to stick to the facts. Whereas one or 2 of those that can't bare to think the Premier League isn't the best, simply start making personal digs back at myself, rather than just sticking to their own counter arguments.

Yet I'm the deluded one?

I just question, that as we sit here today, the Premier League not as good as some think in terms of quality, OR people must be majorly disappointed about the poor showing this season.
Personal digs!!! Grow up, you’re like a dog with a bone.

Have stated a few times how there are great teams and great players all over THE WORLD, even provided some stats to show why the PL is regarded as currently the best in THE WORLD, and all you’ve done is go on and on about the European Club Comps.

Being the best in THE WORLD is more than results, if it is just on results which Country has the best club in THE WORLD? If that’s your barometer, then it’s the PL as that is City, then come december and another club wins the WORLD Club Championship you can come back on and finally make a decision on which is the best league in THE WORLD.

Swango1980

Visit site
Personal digs!!! Grow up, you’re like a dog with a bone.

Have stated a few times how there are great teams and great players all over THE WORLD, even provided some stats to show why the PL is regarded as currently the best in THE WORLD, and all you’ve done is go on and on about the European Club Comps.

Being the best in THE WORLD is more than results, if it is just on results which Country has the best club in THE WORLD? If that’s your barometer, then it’s the PL as that is City, then come december and another club wins the WORLD Club Championship you can come back on and finally make a decision on which is the best league in THE WORLD.
And, yet another one :)

You do realise that Europe is in the world? We are not going to have to get into the discussion, are we, that how can a team be best in the world if it isn't even best in Europe?

Of course, I've always used the overall performances of all PL clubs. I didn't watch City get beat, and based on that one result conclude the PL is not the best in the world. I think there were around 8 PL clubs in Europe this season, now there is one left. Looking at the bigger picture

Swango1980

Visit site
I was literally downloading Elsa as you posted this 😂

@Swango1980 please, for all of our sakes, listen to the Princess
I'd be delighted to. But, obviously if others want to continue the debate by making strange arguments, I feel it would be rude not to offer a counter argument :)

Only a day to go before the Premier league and FA Cup start, so no doubt chat will evolve into those matches soon. Looking forward to see how Arsenal bounce back away to Wolves, and what Chelsea turn up away to City.

Then, on to Sunday, Everton v Forest is a big game, will Fulham continue Klopps farewell tour when they host and beat Liverpool, and will Man Utd concede less than 20 shots against Coventry?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd be delighted to. But, obviously if others want to continue the debate by making strange arguments, I feel it would be rude not to offer a counter argument :)

Only a day to go before the Premier league and FA Cup start, so no doubt chat will evolve into those matches soon. Looking forward to see how Arsenal bounce back away to Wolves, and what Chelsea turn up away to City.

Then, on to Sunday, Everton v Forest is a big game, will Fulham continue Klopps farewell tour when they host and beat Liverpool, and will Man Utd concede less than 20 shots against Coventry?
I think you have repeated the argument enough now. We are in head banging against a wall territory at this point.

Yes, we really are at the business end of the season now. Every set of games has real meaning to them