The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It was but City pay rent back every week and will do for 250 years. Predominately the stadium was built for the commonwealth games. If City didn’t move. There would have been no games. Oddly enough Missis T bought me as a pressie copy’s of plans for the redevelopment of Maine rd which City had in the pipeline until the council called with the move proposal.

We have spurs to thank for the ridiculous rent on the OS

We were buying it for 200 million. It's a white elephant.. we had the deal set up then spurs sued to get their planning through and we suddenly had to rent

What an awful deal for the tax payer

2 mil a year rent , all upkeep done by them including the millions it costs to turn it back and forth to a footy stadium because the retractable seating company went bust and they did it with scaffolding

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

So Sir Jim Ratcliffe has settled into life at the Old Trafford Circus by announcing himself as the resident clown.
Bottom line he is after taxpayers money to build a state of the art national stadium in the North. Not only that he states it will massively boost The south of Manchester area. Now without sounding uncouth, Old Trafford is a dump. It is the old Wembley of the North. It wants flattening. But why am I supposed to Pay towards that Or any other taxpayer.
For the record Jim, the largest council house in the country is to the east of Manchester. That has been extended and improved by the OWNERS money. Same as Arsenal, Spurs, etc etc. Not only that, the eastlands ( formerly known as the wastelands) has been massively regenerated with the OWNERS money. The Glaziers have taken hundreds of millions out of Utd and now Jimbo the clown wants City fans to fund Utd.
City are looking at 115 FFP charges and Jimbo gets around that by spending my money. I can only think he has had a bang on the head.

Can't blame him for trying.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
It was but City pay rent back every week and will do for 250 years. Predominately the stadium was built for the commonwealth games. If City didn’t move. There would have been no games. Oddly enough Missis T bought me as a pressie copy’s of plans for the redevelopment of Maine rd which City had in the pipeline until the council called with the move proposal.

The articles I’ve read have suggested that OT (which is a tired, dated and some stands are a dump) may be moved not redeveloped. Trafford Park has been muted so maybe Man Utd could come up with a similar arrangement that City have with the council ?

Cant blame the guy for trying to build and being visionary….its what we’ve been crying out for as opposed the Glazers bleeding us dry.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The landlord might go for a no fault eviction and rent it to UTD !
Now that would be funny.🤣

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Injuries or not, you can never count on Liverpool to do you a favour. 😩

(Hard not to like Luton though to be fair. And I said before the start of the season Rob Edwards would keep them up. Massively underrated manager)

D

Deleted member 15344

(Hard not to like Luton though to be fair. And I said before the start of the season Rob Edwards would keep them up. Massively underrated manager)

Think at best it’s going down be a draw - was hoping one of Mo or Nunez would be fit but looking at the moment like it’s just not going to happen tonight

Pin-seeker

Visit site

I had Luton down by Christmas & Burnley finishing about 14th 😬

Even the games they’re losing, they’re not getting spanked.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had Luton down by Christmas & Burnley finishing about 14th 😬

Even the games they’re losing, they’re not getting spanked.
I knew Burnley would struggle. Kompany’s style of play works in the championship but not with the relentlessness of the prem with the squad he has; and he’s refusing to change the way they play which will ultimately be their downfall.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site

Well the 2nd half has gone considerably better!

I'd say it's a toss up between Edwards and Kaminski keeping them up. All due respect to the Luton squad, but he's far better than Luton for me.

D

Deleted member 15344

Well the 2nd half has gone considerably better!

I'd say it's a toss up between Edwards and Kaminski keeping them up. All due respect to the Luton squad, but he's far better than Luton for me.

Well heck of a turn around - great to see some of the young lads coming on as well

That’s a huge win

4LEX

Visit site
Sad to say that's why Arsenal won't win the title. Totally complacent and content to play for a 0-0 in Porto thinking the home game is a formality. It's OK smashing the likes of Burnley and West Ham but when it really matters there's still something missing there. Mindset and a world class striker IMO.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sad to say that's why Arsenal won't win the title. Totally complacent and content to play for a 0-0 in Porto thinking the home game is a formality. It's OK smashing the likes of Burnley and West Ham but when it really matters there's still something missing there. Mindset and a world class striker IMO.
Not good to give a goal like that away in the last minute.
They had the job done.

4LEX

Visit site
Not good to give a goal like that away in the last minute.
They had the job done.

I remember Liverpool going to Porto and winning the tie in the first leg. Arsenal needed to have the same mentality but seemed happy with a draw. Early goal from Porto in the return leg and game over.