The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Billy whitehurst is apparently the hardest man to play the English game.
Dont know if you listen to the “Under the cosh” podcast but some beauty story’s about him.
Played for Reading when we got relegated from old league 1. Along with Robin Friday and Terry Hurlock hardest players I have seen.

D

Deleted member 15344

There would be nothing funnier than Kane going to a team that’s won the league 11 times on bounce and in his first season they don’t win it 😂

You can take the player out of Spurs

But you can’t take the Spursy out of the player

RichA

Visit site
Still wondering how we weren’t awarded a penalty but then remember that VAR is a useless waste of time 😂

good game though with some decent goals from both teams
Seriously? When? I'm a Forest supporter and didn't see anything we had any right to grumble about.
Surely you don't mean when Awoniyi emulated Bambi on ice then fell over the keeper as the ball rolled out of play?

D

Deleted member 15344

Still wondering how we weren’t awarded a penalty but then remember that VAR is a useless waste of time 😂

good game though with some decent goals from both teams

Do you mean the incident with the Aywoni and the GK ?

Thought they got that right

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Seriously? When? I'm a Forest supporter and didn't see anything we had any right to grumble about.
Surely you don't mean when Awoniyi emulated Bambi on ice then fell over the keeper as the ball rolled out of play?
He was clearly shoved in the back before being tripped by the keeper. If that’s a top 6 striker, it’s a penalty.

More frustrating that they had approx 3 chances and scored from all 3. Out set piece coach is useless as we just leak goals every week from set pieces. 🥴

If we’re docked points. We’ll be down for sure. If we aren’t, then it’ll be by the skin of our teeth (again) that we stay up. Unless we can somehow stop punishing ourselves every time we make a mistake.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
He was clearly shoved in the back before being tripped by the keeper. If that’s a top 6 striker, it’s a penalty.

More frustrating that they had approx 3 chances and scored from all 3. Out set piece coach is useless as we just leak goals every week from set pieces. 🥴

If we’re docked points. We’ll be down for sure. If we aren’t, then it’ll be by the skin of our teeth (again) that we stay up. Unless we can somehow stop punishing ourselves every time we make a mistake.
I would like to borrow some of your glasses for when I watch Everton please.....

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
He miscontrolled the ball, stumbled under pressure and kicked Dubravka's armpit.

Big fella like that needs to be stronger. If its a top six club striker he bullies his way in and gets a shot away.

Was a strange performance from Newcastle....dominated the first 20 minutes and were seemingly strangely reluctant to attack down the right hand side when open spaces were ahead of them. Forest great on the break but lacking that last bit of creative instinct when pushing forward....never really looked like creating clear cut opportunities in the last 15 mins of the game when they were pressing. Having said that they have enough talent and a decent manager to be safe unless they get a points deduction.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
He miscontrolled the ball, stumbled under pressure and kicked Dubravka's armpit.

Big fella like that needs to be stronger. If its a top six club striker he bullies his way in and gets a shot away.

Was a strange performance from Newcastle....dominated the first 20 minutes and were seemingly strangely reluctant to attack down the right hand side when open spaces were ahead of them. Forest great on the break but lacking that last bit of creative instinct when pushing forward....never really looked like creating clear cut opportunities in the last 15 mins of the game when they were pressing. Having said that they have enough talent and a decent manager to be safe unless they get a points deduction.
100% this. That’s the 6th game we’ve lost 3-2 this season. The intent is there but such a weak underbelly and don’t have that killer instinct to close games out.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Robin Friday, one of the most naturally gifted.
What a sad waste. :cry:
He was my hero as a teenage fan. Scored the best goal I have seen live, against Tranmere in a 5-0 win. Clive Tomas was the referee and he said it was the best goal he had seen.

Best goal celebration as well. Grabbed a policeman’s helmet and posed with it on his head for a photo. Slightly strange as he didn’t get on with the police to say the least.