The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Sorry to say the recent stuff coming out of Chelsea is classless and goes against many of the supporters they have, many I know well from growing up together in South London. The supporters I know are some of the most loyal and dedicated supporters, who followed Chelsea in great numbers when they were crap and in the good times, but to see the flying of the russian flag and the 'Roman Empire' flag at Stamford Bridge last week at a game that they, unlike any other PL side, had not yet been able to organise a 'unite for Ukraine' official gesture pre-game stank the place out. Now this request to play a FA cup q/f behind close doors......OMG! The arrogance and lack of self-awareness from inside Chelsea FC is frankly disgusting and is surely damaging the loyalty of large elements of their support. Sort it out Chelsea!

there’s a few shifty Chelsea fans on here! ?

D

Deleted member 15344

I can’t understand how someone at Chelsea even thought about asking the question and the statement about sporting integrity not exactly the best PR move

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Chelsea are clearly doing it to try and put a bit of pressure on the government to allow them to sell tickets, I don’t genuinely believe they want to play behind closed doors.
Let’s see what happens…..

Yorkhacker

Visit site
I can’t understand how someone at Chelsea even thought about asking the question and the statement about sporting integrity not exactly the best PR move

I think it just shows those running the club (Bruce Buck etc) are purely business people who know nothing/care about football and are totally out of touch with normal fans.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think it just shows those running the club (Bruce Buck etc) are purely business people who know nothing/care about football and are totally out of touch with normal fans.

Nail firmly hit on the head. Some more cynical fans might say their grasp on the real world is skewed as well but that's another discussion. Glad the FA gave it the elbow nice and quickly

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Nail firmly hit on the head. Some more cynical fans might say their grasp on the real world is skewed as well but that's another discussion. Glad the FA gave it the elbow nice and quickly

When did the FA give it the elbow? I thought Chelsea withdrew the request whilst trying to get their fans to the game with the FAs help?