• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

greenone

Visit site
C/L it is then
maxresdefault.jpg

D

Deleted member 15344

So another season without a trophy for the Mancs - think it’s nearly 10 years since their last title.

The Prem teams not doing so well at the moment in the FA Cup

West Ham losing at Kidderminster- cracking dive from Yarmelenko there

Chelsea being held by Plymouth

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I saw the first half at the wife's grandads who's a west ham fan

Got home in time for rice's goal

Dublin making excuses for the players with the pitch etc which whilst I understand that it will affect players they also should be good enough to adapt their game

A pro golfer could turn up at an average course and still put together a good game.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
So another season without a trophy for the Mancs - think it’s nearly 10 years since their last title.

The Prem teams not doing so well at the moment in the FA Cup

West Ham losing at Kidderminster- cracking dive from Yarmelenko there

Chelsea being held by Plymouth

There’s still the Champion’s League, Phil ?

In all seriousness, United should have steamrollered Boro last night. Yet again we were sloppy in front of goal and, to be blunt, got what we deserved.

BUT, the Boro equaliser was a farce. I know rules are rules, but the rule makers have disappeared so far up their own backsides they are in danger of turning themselves inside out.

I understand the rule. If a handball is accidental then it’s only called in the event the player using the hand then goes on to score. But referees and other officials simply must be allowed to apply common sense. If that ball had not been handled last night then Boro do not score. It really was that simple a call, Anthony Taylor should have been allowed to make it, without VAR, and applying a common sense judgement.

The rules, and the application of them, have become an embarrassment to the game.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Swear that's zoumas bad knee

Just take him off. Play with 10 .. if we go out we go out why risk him further? Could really ruin his career

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
How can a player standing directly in front of the keeper not be considered as interfering with play ??‍♂️

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

In all seriousness, United should have steamrollered Boro last night. Yet again we were sloppy in front of goal and, to be blunt, got what we deserved.

BUT, the Boro equaliser was a farce. I know rules are rules, but the rule makers have disappeared so far up their own backsides they are in danger of turning themselves inside out.

I understand the rule. If a handball is accidental then it’s only called in the event the player using the hand then goes on to score. But referees and other officials simply must be allowed to apply common sense. If that ball had not been handled last night then Boro do not score. It really was that simple a call, Anthony Taylor should have been allowed to make it, without VAR, and applying a common sense judgement.

The rules, and the application of them, have become an embarrassment to the game.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Rules are rules, and you can’t pick and choose them. Accidental handball used to be ‘allowed,’ then got ’unallowed,’ and is now ’allowed’ again. Wonder what your thoughts would have been if it had been the other way round?

Perhaps it’s also time for an independent timekeeper. 2 mins 30 secs injury time at the end of the second period of extra time. As the commentator alluded, Fergie’s watch still lives at Old Trafford.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Rules are rules, and you can’t pick and choose them. Accidental handball used to be ‘allowed,’ then got ’unallowed,’ and is now ’allowed’ again. Wonder what your thoughts would have been if it had been the other way round?

Perhaps it’s also time for an independent timekeeper. 2 mins 30 secs injury time at the end of the second period of extra time. As the commentator alluded, Fergie’s watch still lives at Old Trafford.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You’re missing my point, Brian, that being that the rules have become so confusing, and change so often, that common sense has become a thing of the past.

If United had scored that goal my views would be exactly the same - yes, seriously!

D

Deleted member 15344

It was a clear handball that gave the player an advantage- it was a shocking decision. Still amazed how they didn’t disallow it

in other poor news - Elanga was racial abused on social media last night after missing the penalty.

D

Deleted member 16999

It was a clear handball that gave the player an advantage- it was a shocking decision. Still amazed how they didn’t disallow it

in other poor news - Elanga was racial abused on social media last night after missing the penalty.
It can't be accidental attacking handball because the handball wasn't by the goal scorer.

It must be deliberate OR the arm position not justifiable by the player's movement.

So under the current law they had no reason to disallow it.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

It wasn’t a handball, as per the rules that were brought in this season. If the rules were different I’d say handball. It’s that simple.

Did Watmore move his arm to control the ball? No. Did Watmore score directly from that contact? No. Therefore, as per the rules, it wasn’t handball. Any bleating about it is exactly that, bleating.