The big Question?

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Has the posture changed?

Another video with a 7 iron from tonight... Just concentrating on my posture... Strikes were good and crisp and i tried to keep the flex in the right knee a little longer as this was breaking down too much....
I think its a but better than the way iv previously been setting up but im open to debate.....:lol:

[video=youtube;W8rK0GVAg5Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8rK0GVAg5Q[/video]

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Eh? I thought you just said on your other thread that you were just going to swing natural? :confused:

If they're waving goodbye to the 200yrd marker (or whatever you said) then why worry?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Well, that's that cutty fade that got you through the 'Player of the Year' comp. Looks a bit contrived though.

I'd suggest you concentrate on grooving the Draw swing over the Winter!

As for the posture, there's still a little of a wobble at the end of the swing, so balance still looks to be a slight issue. Camera doesn't help - seems to show a lean to the right - but you still seem to have weight mainly on your toes.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Eh? I thought you just said on your other thread that you were just going to swing natural? :confused:

If they're waving goodbye to the 200yrd marker (or whatever you said) then why worry?

easily done into an open field without a card in my back pocket James..... It was just a point I was interested in with what happened with the 2 threads last week on the golf swing being simple and my own one.... It was Kat my take on swinging without thoughts..... This one is with the mechanics.... :smirk:

Anyway... The camera is at a slight weird angle as its actually my phone balancing on the top of my carry bag..... Its hard to square it up to the bay at times.....

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well, that's that cutty fade that got you through the 'Player of the Year' comp. Looks a bit contrived though.

I'd suggest you concentrate on grooving the Draw swing over the Winter!

As for the posture, there's still a little of a wobble at the end of the swing, so balance still looks to be a slight issue. Camera doesn't help - seems to show a lean to the right - but you still seem to have weight mainly on your toes.

I wasn't setting up for a fade foxy..... Just square to see what type of shot the posture gave me..... But both hits had a slight left to right shape..... My hips were open a little at address alright.. on purpose though... This may have accounted for the left to right shape..... It was only a couple of yards at most though.... I was also try to keep the knee flex.....

As for the balance.... I feel balanced.... I don't feel like I'm going to fall forward or anything..... But my balance has been the same sinceiI ruptured both Achilles.... I suppose this may play some part in it too..

Last edited:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
At home, put an alignment stick exactly 10cm away from a wall running parallel to the skirting board - that is now your HEEL LINE.

Stand with your back to the wall with your heels just in front of that alignment stick (heel line)... and touch your bum on the wall as you bend forwards, so heels in front of the line and bum on the wall, then allow your knees to soften (bend enough to balance you), arms to hang down, and then you'll be close to a good posture.

post1.gif

Remember the stick, 10cm from the wall :thup:

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
At home, put an alignment stick exactly 10cm awayjfrom a wall running parallel to the skirting board - that is now your HEEL LINE.

Stand with your back to the wall with your heels just in front of that alignment stick (heel line)... and touch your bum on the wall as you bend forwards, so heels in front of the line and bum on the wall, then allow your knees to soften (bend enough to balance you), arms to hang down, and then you'll be close to a good posture.

post1.gif

Remember the stick, 10cm from the wall :thup:

Cheers pal....... I'm probably not too far away.... The camera angle is a bit funny anyway......

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
that's a good looking chap with a cracking posture, if I was of a different persuasion I definitely would ;)

Are they the Nike spikeless (well, a few moulded spikes) shoes?
If they are, don't go in any bunkers with them on, almost impossible to get clean afterwards!

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Cheers pal....... I'm probably not too far away.... The camera angle is a bit funny anyway......

Yep, I can see that. your posture DOES look better than it was, but you still look a little 'toe heavy', i'd almost argue that you're too tilted forwards and as a result can't get your hips back enough.

As an aside I just made this pic for you, in my opinion your hands/club are working too deep.

Your left arm (brown line) is working too much to the inside and the club shaft is going waaay behind you. It would be OK(ish) if you hinged the club up a little more (left pic) but i'd suggest you swing your left arm less in, like the pic on the right, so that you get a little more width to your backswing, and the club up on plane better.

k2a.gif

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yep, I can see that. your posture DOES look better than it was, but you still look a little 'toe heavy', i'd almost argue that you're too tilted forwards and as a result can't get your hips back enough.

As an aside I just made this pic for you, in my opinion your hands/club are working too deep.

Your left arm (brown line) is working too much to the inside and the club shaft is going waaay behind you. It would be OK(ish) if you hinged the club up a little more (left pic) but i'd suggest you swing your left arm less in, like the pic on the right, so that you get a little more width to your backswing, and the club up on plane better.

k2a.gif

Ill always try anything James....... It'll probably feel a bit weird but sure ill have a go:lol: