The big cat is purring again

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
So You’d rank Cabrera above Westwood,Monty & García?

Actually I think you are underestimating how good Cabrera was. He was a tremendous ball striker and the fact he has those two major trophies in his locker does indeed suggest he was a better or certainly a more successful golfer than the other you have mentioned. Some people can get it over the line, others can't.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'll say it again, no one has ever played the game to the standard Woods has, even Jack admitted that. Also, Tiger has been wounded for ten years.

Has had an incredibly tough decade physically and emotionally, yet has still amassed what would likely be a HOF career in that time - winning 11 tournaments including a major. Most impressive are his 3 wins since his fusion. Was totally written off after suffering chipping yips, constant injuries, constant WDs and has come back with a bang and won 3 times. He's the best.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Personally I don’t think who ever as won the most majors necessarily makes them the better golfer. so someone wins 30 times but no majors.
Someone wins 1 major but that’s it.
Who’s had the better career?
Have to agree. If two golfers have a similar number of total wins then the one who has won more majors is the better for sure. But if one golfer has a vast number more wins than another, then they are the better golfer for me, irrespective of how many of each were majors.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Actually I think you are underestimating how good Cabrera was. He was a tremendous ball striker and the fact he has those two major trophies in his locker does indeed suggest he was a better or certainly a more successful golfer than the other you have mentioned. Some people can get it over the line, others can't.
Ok swap him for K J Choi 😉

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Some will go for Jack whilst others will go for Tiger ............................. and that'll never change.
It's a debate that doesn't have a correct answer as it's so subjective.
Let's just rejoice in the fact that they were both around during our lifetime, well, mine anyway!

User20204

Visit site
Let's just rejoice in the fact that they were both around during our lifetime, well, mine anyway!

That's a great point, a point that has often crossed my mind. To have been around to witness Jack winning at St Andrews and see his 18th on tv live and to live through Tiger's epic achievements is an honour I feel.