The big cat is purring again

User20204

Visit site
I can't watch any more of it.
Woods is just superb, and good on him, but the commentators have turned it into a Tiger Woods love in, in fact it's almost a documentary.
It just turns me cold ...................... others are playing apparently.

I'm watching it on the golf channel and even as a Tiger fan I'm finding it all a bit disturbing.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Tiger's back is going to go into spasm standing for the winner ceremony - he's having to do stretches during the speeches! Must be the longest closing ceremony ever in golf.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
From what I've seen this week - this is potentially his most impressive win / performance in the current phase of his career (post back fusion). Leading most of the week in a full field event.

Still some demons off the tee that will cost him at some venues, but irons are probably the best in the world when he is firing.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
More impressive than his Masters win ?!

everyone pretty suggested he wouldn’t win a major again but he was outstanding at the Masters in prob the most high profile golf comp of the year

I haven’t seen any of his golf this week but it was a new event with 70 of the guys from the PGA tour , no cut etc - so it’s a great win for him but saying it’s more impressive than at the Masters ? He started that fourth round 2 behind one of the most in form golfers in the world at the time plus a great number of the best golfers in the world around him

I’m no Woods fan but I suspect there isn’t much that comes close to that win at Augusta

Obviously the Masters is a much bigger win, but in terms of his golf and performance he looked far more dominant this week and I feel this is more of an indicator that he could win and contend like he did back in the day. Up until seeing him this week - playing in cooler conditions, playing 27 holes in a day and leading from the front all week - there was just a sniff that things were held together with tape and lollipop sticks.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well done Tiger ,fantastic achievement to equal the record of 82 career wins .
Now what about this majors record ? Are we going to see that equalled or even beaten.
Now that would be fantastic.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Well done Tiger ,fantastic achievement to equal the record of 82 career wins .
Now what about this majors record ? Are we going to see that equalled or even beaten.
Now that would be fantastic.

As much as I'd love to see it I simply don't think it'll happen. Great to see him playing some great golf again although stretching at the prize giving not a good sign. I think Woods will definitely target the majors in 2020 and arrange his schedule accordingly so it will be interesting how he comes into events in between some periods of not playing. Could work well for him as he'll be fresh and hopefully the back is good or he could come back rusty (especially short game) and short of competitive golf which may hinder. Will definitely be great to see what he can do going forward

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
82 wins tying Sneads record. 3 wins in his last 14 starts. A Major win in 2019. Been a good year for TW. Think he's going to have a strong 2020 now the knee is sorted. Still don't see him passing Jack's major record, but he'll go past Snead now and win 83 I think. Absolutely insane winning that amount of Tour events.

As much as I'd love to see it I simply don't think it'll happen. Great to see him playing some great golf again although stretching at the prize giving not a good sign. I think Woods will definitely target the majors in 2020 and arrange his schedule accordingly so it will be interesting how he comes into events in between some periods of not playing. Could work well for him as he'll be fresh and hopefully the back is good or he could come back rusty (especially short game) and short of competitive golf which may hinder. Will definitely be great to see what he can do going forward

He only comes in rusty when he can't practice. He'd not played for 9 weeks prior to this week and there was no rustiness as he could practice properly now he's sorted his knee. If he stays healthy, which is always a big if with Tiger, he could have a really strong year.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
82 wins tying Sneads record. 3 wins in his last 14 starts. A Major win in 2019. Been a good year for TW. Think he's going to have a strong 2020 now the knee is sorted. Still don't see him passing Jack's major record, but he'll go past Snead now and win 83 I think. Absolutely insane winning that amount of Tour events.

Id love to see tiger smash all the records

Win one more PGA to make sure that records done

Only 10 more wins on European tour to beat that record

And ofc the major record (which will be far more important to him )

I don't see my little European dream even happening because he struggles in the cold now with his injuries. So warmer events will be targeted

However I got my tickets for the open 2020

And tickets for the BMW in September

Fingers crossed

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I'm confident he won't beat Jack's record. However he is in my opinion still the greatest golfer to grace the planet to date.

Love how he has proved doubters wrong once again with yet another come back after surgery. Amazing.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm confident he won't beat Jack's record. However he is in my opinion still the greatest golfer to grace the planet to date.

Love how he has proved doubters wrong once again with yet another come back after surgery. Amazing.

Please ea sports .. bury the hatchet and make a decent golf game again lol

User20204

Visit site
Was hearing today about some of SS victories. Three were with a field of 6 and one had a field of 4 😂😂

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

Oh the doubters; the doomsters; the gloomsters...:)

Rock on Tigger...

User20204

Visit site
3.6 wins per year over a period of 23 years.

It's taken me a long time to conclude that Tiger is indeed, the greatest player ever to play the game, and Jack is/was my hero.