The Best 50 Golfers Ever

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

I was reading Twitter the other day and this picture was on which was the first 50 of the best golfers Ever

Looking at the picture and it’s great to see the Women Golfers being recognised as well as golfers of years gone by

Attachments

• 1F44A4F8-F7BF-4BD8-AD90-296A4840891A.jpeg
    1F44A4F8-F7BF-4BD8-AD90-296A4840891A.jpeg
    362.7 KB · Views: 99

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nice to see Babe Zaharias recognised so high up the list - one of the most gifted all around athletes. She won 2 gold medals at the '32 Olympics in Hurdles and Javelin breaking the world record for the 80m Hurdles, she then went on to win 10 LPGA Majors and finished her golfing career with 48 professional wins. What an athlete.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's cobblers. Too many top players missing from the modern era, and the inclusion of female golfers is pure pc. Make two lists, best male and best female.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

It's cobblers. Too many top players missing from the modern era, and the inclusion of female golfers is pure pc. Make two lists, best male and best female.

So the Ladies that have been included are their purely because of PC as opposed to their talent and success ? Have you actually seen how successful those ladies have been ?

Someone mentioned DJ and Rose ? One major each ?!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's meant to be the best golfers, pure and simple. The ladies on there are the best in their field but they are not the best overall, how can they be? Run separate lists but don't try to merge them.

If you work on this criteria then why not have Langer in there for his seniors performances, best amateurs, best juniors?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Personally I think too much emphasis is given to Major winners when discussing who’s the better player.
Would you say that Cabrera,Willett,Clarke.... are above Monty & Westwood?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
It's meant to be the best golfers, pure and simple. The ladies on there are the best in their field but they are not the best overall, how can they be? Run separate lists but don't try to merge them.

If you work on this criteria then why not have Langer in there for his seniors performances, best amateurs, best juniors?
I think the distinction is in the use of the word greatest. That can be somewhat subjective.
Just look at the TW threads, or Messi V Ronaldo comparisons. People put varying emphasis on things other than just ability.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

I also find it very difficult to look at a list that has players from today and 150 years ago. How on earth can you compare players from then and now, irrespective of gender? By all means create a list of players across the generations but how one is placed above another, with any real relevance, is beyond me.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

I agree. I don't think its overly subjective and personally I'd two separate lists. What about the likes of Jan Stephenson.