The answer to faster golfer

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Did you play off the back tees?

There are 4 par fours on the back 9 into the prevailing that are 435, 440, 457 and 460 yards.

There is only one par 4 of less than 350 yards on the course.

Surprised you used a driver at 3 as it is a par 3! Sure you've got the right course?

def off the back tee, i was giving both the buggers shots.

must have been the first two then, is it par 5 to start? then par 4 or 5 again then a par 3 before heading behind that wall.

was having a block fest at the time so didn't want to use the driver with the wall on the right hand side on the way out;)

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Two par 5s to start then par 3 then through the wall as you correctly remembered.

The truth has emerged about the non-use of driver. A block will see you OB at 4, 6, 7, 8 & 9.

If you haven't played the course in the last year it has been transformed. New fantastic green keeper (from St. Andrews) has the course presented beautifully.

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
We have a New Years Day comp. that comprises 7 and 8 balls ! There is a time limit of 3 hours to complete 18 holes. We had 45 people playing and every team completed the 18 holes inside 3 hours. We have sensible gimmies and if you can't score you pick up. Great fun.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Two par 5s to start then par 3 then through the wall as you correctly remembered.

The truth has emerged about the non-use of driver. A block will see you OB at 4, 6, 7, 8 & 9.

If you haven't played the course in the last year it has been transformed. New fantastic green keeper (from St. Andrews) has the course presented beautifully.

yep 2 par 5's to start remember now. was hindered by not using the driver thats for sure, i sort of thought most of those holes over the wall were fairly short apart from one that must have been towards the end of the back 9.

def try and get back there this year, not heard from Doyley in a while.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
played its a couple of years ago with doyly and grieg, can only remember using driver on 1,3 and one other and i'm not a big hitter, so didn't think its was as long as that... Maybe i am a big hitter after all;)

nice course though, no one to have the blocks on;)

you must be a pop gun as the 3rd hole is normally just a 9 iron

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
It’s not the answer IMO, try it mid summer when the course is rammed with visitors all playing 3 clubs... sounds like a nightmare!