The 2017 pact

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My name is dave and I am a serial club changer. But not in 2017. I cant help thinking the chopping and changing of clubs isnt helping. I reckon I have the tools to get me to 14, so im gonna give the clubs I have a real go at proving it.

If it wasnt for the fact I have a gap to fill in the wedges dept then the plan would be not to buy any club.

This comes as im eyeing the m2 driver and have a serious crush on the callaway apex irons... so its not gonna be easy

Anyone with me?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My name is dave and I am a serial club changer. But not in 2017. I cant help thinking the chopping and changing of clubs isnt helping. I reckon I have the tools to get me to 14, so im gonna give the clubs I have a real go at proving it.

If it wasnt for the fact I have a gap to fill in the wedges dept then the plan would be not to buy any club.

This comes as im eyeing the m2 driver and have a serious crush on the callaway apex irons... so its not gonna be easy

Anyone with me?

im with you! I bought almost an entire new bag (including a new bag!) only 4 hybrid, putter and 5 wood left

unless a club breaks I aim determined to not do any changing for a fair few years....

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Anyone with me?

But you could get to 10 or 12 if you bought the Apex's. C'mon, you know you need them. If you get them now you'll have time to bed them in before the season starts!!

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Jeez Dave. Who am I going to sell stuff to if you stop buying?

Anyway, I have a different plan. I'm finally going to start using the "Forum ignore" feature. So, if anyone comments on a post of mine and I don't answer it, I'm not being rude, I just think your an obnoxious knob.....

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Jeez Dave. Who am I going to sell stuff to if you stop buying?

Anyway, I have a different plan. I'm finally going to start using the "Forum ignore" feature. So, if anyone comments on a post of mine and I don't answer it, I'm not being rude, I just think your an obnoxious knob.....

This seems very personal :eek: must be a bad man to get you all worked up buddy

If you dont reply to this I know where I stand :rofl:

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

You could fill the gap with a bit of practice, some imagination, ball back in the stance, forward in the stance, open the face, close the face etc etc. You might even enjoy the process.

Vokeys aren't bad

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Davie La, you're one of the few people from Merseydive for whom there might be hope for yet. Here's a couple of facts...

Last season all I changed in my bag was my putter. (excluding a few 3w experiments)

My handicap went up.

I've just bought an M2, and cleaned up the cash on its first 2 outings, including ripping Conwy a new one a few days ago

Have a long hard think about the above...

Then get on the blower to Coach Wolfie and buy that beautiful 917.

Not only will you be bossing the golf but it's highly likely you'll be beating the wimmin off with sticks.

:thup:

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You could fill the gap with a bit of practice, some imagination, ball back in the stance, forward in the stance, open the face, close the face etc etc. You might even enjoy the process.

Vokeys aren't bad

This isn't a bad approach, for 2017 I'm going try a little, experiment a little, and hopefully enjoy a little more. Ok now that ball ace is out the way it's never a case of the tools, always the craftsman - and now I'm back driving it's a case of total faith in my old pro and go find my 2014 swing.

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Anyone with me?

You're probably right Dave, I too have spent most of 2016 chopping and changing between 4 different sets of clubs and not doing myself any favours in the process, recently aquired a set of 'Speedblades' real cheap (I'm talking '100 notes' kinda cheap) and have become quite attached to em so shall be sticking with em throughout 2017, although I will admit I'm gonna take my old clubs out for one last blast early in the new year just to see if/where I have/haven't gained from the TM's, should be interesting...:thup:

Craigg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Vokeys aren't bad

Pretty good call. I dropped my 60* out of the bag for the winter as I tend to hit a few fats with it on anything less than perfect tight lies. I use either 52 or 56 for a variety of situations. The 60 might not make it back into the bag come the summer.