The 2017 pact

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have a feeling money is going to be tight in 2017 and so I've shelved ideas of any new clubs for the moment unless I can find a way of saving for them so I what I have is what'll help me get my handicap down for 2017. Of course, hard to never say never, but I must be strong!

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
My name is dave and I am a serial club changer. But not in 2017. I cant help thinking the chopping and changing of clubs isnt helping. I reckon I have the tools to get me to 14, so im gonna give the clubs I have a real go at proving it.

If it wasnt for the fact I have a gap to fill in the wedges dept then the plan would be not to buy any club.

This comes as im eyeing the m2 driver and have a serious crush on the callaway apex irons... so its not gonna be easy

Anyone with me?

You and me both, having just changed my irons to AP1s I have been trying out some 816 H2 hybrids, but the way I hit my G30 Hybrids I can't imagine the H2s would be any better, but the adjustability is such a temptation, I must I must resist :confused: and just concentrate on playing and getting the H'cap done to 15

Trojan615

Head Pro
Visit site
Enough said preacher

10 commandments of the honour boards...

And thus shall those who waggle the weapons named "burner" or "Rbz" be smitten withe ye slice into the trees....

And those with a quiver of ping eye 2 or mp59s suffer a dose of the unmentionables ..

And may thy spiders or original 2 balls bee doomed with the yips..

Thy golfing lore is thus..

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was doing great, then last night I couldn't sleep and in the delirium I crumbled. I may have a new driver in a few days.

A bleeding day I lasted 👎 😂

Thats it though, no more.....

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Jeez Dave. Who am I going to sell stuff to if you stop buying?

Anyway, I have a different plan. I'm finally going to start using the "Forum ignore" feature. So, if anyone comments on a post of mine and I don't answer it, I'm not being rude, I just think your an obnoxious knob.....
Not expecting an answer :thup:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm DEFINITELY not buying any new clubs in 2017

But I said the same in 2016 2015 2014 ............. etc etc and have had more golf iron sets than years I've played, and once, played in a 4 ball where I had owned 3 of the drivers being played!

I have changed most of my bag courtesy of AG trade in and I ABSOLUTELY will not change in 2017

(The Evnroll putters look interesting)

D

Deleted member 15344

Jeez Dave. Who am I going to sell stuff to if you stop buying?

Anyway, I have a different plan. I'm finally going to start using the "Forum ignore" feature. So, if anyone comments on a post of mine and I don't answer it, I'm not being rude, I just think your an obnoxious knob.....

Has the driver gone ?

A friend was looking for one

As for the OP - every year I look for new irons or driver and every time I go a test either out they never seem to give me enough extra to balance out the extra cost so end up getting clubs regripped and buying new shoes :D

Another two pairs bought this year :D

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Has the driver gone ?

As for the OP - every year I look for new irons or driver and every time I go a test either out they never seem to give me enough extra to balance out the extra cost so end up getting clubs regripped and buying new shoes :D

Still available mate.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Has the driver gone ?

Did you not say you have got a new driver?

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I'm DEFINITELY not buying any new clubs in 2017

But I said the same in 2016 2015 2014 ............. etc etc and have had more golf iron sets than years I've played, and once, played in a 4 ball where I had owned 3 of the drivers being played!

I have changed most of my bag courtesy of AG trade in and I ABSOLUTELY will not change in 2017

Have a look at Raa Chris. I think you'll be very surprised :thup:

As for the OP, I'm in.

No new clubs this year.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Don't it.

Had an ER1 for 3 or 4 months now. More than interesting.

Serial 3 putter. Cured.

Can comfortably say will be with me for a long time.

Expect the bandwagon will get rolling this year no Shiels has one

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Don't it.

Had an ER1 for 3 or 4 months now. More than interesting.

Serial 3 putter. Cured.

Can comfortably say will be with me for a long time.

Expect the bandwagon will get rolling this year no Shiels has one

It's hard to get used to the idea of £300 on a putter though

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
New driver today. I am weak but fortunately (I think) sailing the good ship through a sea of fiscal turbulence and so money tight to use on new shiny golf stuff. However once we sail into calmer waters I might be ready to investigate the 2017 offerings and get some new myjoys for the new season. I am very weak!