The 152nd Open

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I've just had the email to say I was successful in the Friday balot.

Anyone else had the good news yet?

I thought about entering but for me the lad and the missus to go up and make a weekend of it would have cost a fortune.

I’ve entered the last two, been successful, but declined them when it came to committing to ordering.

Think we’re gonna try and go to Valderamma for the LIV event instead, which will work out less costly.

ras_undy

Visit site
I've just had the email to say I was successful in the Friday balot.

Anyone else had the good news yet?
Yes, just had email, tickets for Wednesday practise and the first day on the Thursday.

Just need to pay now and organise the booking for the camping on site.

tomshanks

Hacker
Visit site
Just got the email, I've got a couple of tickets for the Friday.

My first time at The Open so really looking forward to it. Just got to sort the logistics now.... any tips?

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
I only applied for Wednesday and was successful. Hope to be able to get closer to the player's on a practice day.
Was at Portrush on the Sunday a few years ago and although I enjoyed it. I felt I spent as much time trying to get a good view as actually watching the action.

Daff

Hacker
Visit site
It does seem a strange way to do things - having a ballot. My kids are super keen to attend an Open Championship - I was lucky enough to go to St Andrews in 1995 when John Daly won - so I entered the ballot on the first day that it opened and applied for tickets for the Thursday or Friday. I've heard nothing.
Why can't they just sell them on a first come, first served basis like the majority of other events?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just got the email, I've got a couple of tickets for the Friday.

My first time at The Open so really looking forward to it. Just got to sort the logistics now.... any tips?
Consider staying in Glasgow and taking the train. You "should" get a reasonable rate at the likes of a Premier Inn.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It does seem a strange way to do things - having a ballot. My kids are super keen to attend an Open Championship - I was lucky enough to go to St Andrews in 1995 when John Daly won - so I entered the ballot on the first day that it opened and applied for tickets for the Thursday or Friday. I've heard nothing.
Why can't they just sell them on a first come, first served basis like the majority of other events?

The bots will hoover them up and resell them for fortunes.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I only applied for Wednesday and was successful. Hope to be able to get closer to the player's on a practice day.
Was at Portrush on the Sunday a few years ago and although I enjoyed it. I felt I spent as much time trying to get a good view as actually watching the action.
Wednesday is a great day to go as you definitely do get closer to the players. They are relaxed and chatty too. Hope you have a great experience

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No emails doesn't look like I was successful which is a pain as it's just a short train ride from where I live, I enjoy the Troon Open and it has never been crowded before.

D

Deleted member 1147

Wednesday is a great day to go as you definitely do get closer to the players. They are relaxed and chatty too. Hope you have a great experience
Assuming it isn’t raining that day.
If it’s pissing it down the stars don’t always come out to play.

D

Deleted member 1147

I’ve got 2 tickets for wed and thur and so has my mate. So that’s four of us going.