The 152nd Open

evemccc

Visit site
Saw Gooch play a practice round on Sunday at Hoylake last year in strong winds - he was far and away much better at flighting his ball in the strong winds than almost any golfer I saw on the Sunday, and markedly better than Golden Boy Spieth at his iron shots in the wind

Most apparent at the par 3 11th (13th for the Open?) with the strong wind coming in off the Dee Estuary, Gooch was seemingly the only one who looked in control of his golf ball
(His caddie said they wanted high winds at every Open as he grew up in a very windy area and is used to playing in wind more than most US golfers)

He and his caddie were very engaging and chatty to many spectators, and seemed v pleasant..

I know Gooch is now apparently fair-game for his asterisk comments, but I know how he came across

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Saw Gooch play a practice round on Sunday at Hoylake last year in strong winds - he was far and away much better at flighting his ball in the strong winds than almost any golfer I saw on the Sunday, and markedly better than Golden Boy Spieth at his iron shots in the wind

Most apparent at the par 3 11th (13th for the Open?) with the strong wind coming in off the Dee Estuary, Gooch was seemingly the only one who looked in control of his golf ball
(His caddie said they wanted high winds at every Open as he grew up in a very windy area and is used to playing in wind more than most US golfers)

He and his caddie were very engaging and chatty to many spectators, and seemed v pleasant..

I know Gooch is now apparently fair-game for his asterisk comments, but I know how he came across

Shot a +7 and missed the cut so must've been too still for him.

Red devil

Visit site
Just got the email, I've got a couple of tickets for the Friday.

My first time at The Open so really looking forward to it. Just got to sort the logistics now.... any tips?
Stay in Glasgow, more available accommodation. And train runs every half hour to Troon and takes 40mins. £11.70 return