The 150th Open

D

Deleted member 15344

Anyone else bored with them overpowering the course or is everyone loving the finish down the iconic last couple of holes :)

Just brilliant from Cam Smith - looks like a well deserved win unless Rory does something special here on 18

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Stunning from Smith, bar yesterday hes been ridiculously good this week.

Fair play to Rory, loses absolutely nothing in defeat (despite what many will say)

And take a bow Cam Young, super super effort and going to see plenty more from him (and thanks for the FRL :) )

rory couldnt make eagle could he....................

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Fair play to Smith, awesome back 9. Rory has actually played very well, just a shame he's holed nothing all day.

Summed up perfectly but I'm sure someone will be along soon to tell us Rory is a choker, bottler or whatever other insult the keyboard warrior in question prefers.

D

Deleted member 15344

Stunning back 9 from Smith - 30 , wins him The Open

Brilliant win - and can only applaud ?

Rory has played well just didn’t get anything to drop

Was a different Rory this week and hopefully one that we see many more times

Fully deserved win for Cam Smith - what a tournament at such an iconic venue

It doesn’t get better than that

rystaman

Visit site
Disappointed….. Rory actually played pretty well, just couldn’t hole birdies. He didn’t lose it, Cam Smith played very well and won it. Hope he gets a bloody haircut now though.

So gutted for Rory, 54 hole leader, 150th at St Andrews and he just couldn’t hole anything from 15-20ft today…

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I really feel for McIlroy. His swagger of old has been back this week, but the putter today was just cold from 15-20 feet. If one or two had dropped, different story.

I also think there’s a lot of merit in the suggestion that playing with a really flat Hovland did not help him. It would have been interesting to see if he would have fired had Hovland been on his game.

I’ve been in the camp for some time which leans towards Rory not winning another major. If he continues to put himself in positions like he did over the first three days I’ll gladly have a rethink. I desperately wanted to see him get over the line today.

But the final word has to go to Cam Smith. He’s been knocking on the door a while, but his performance today has been phenomenal. A closing 64 with a breathtakingly good back nine makes him a fully deserving winner.