Thanks american golf for my new shineys

A

Alex1975

I did consider it, but the problem is the X100 does need hitting and I did not want to loose feel with them on half shots. So having stiff shafts sit just nicely in the set.

Ye, I would think an x100 on a chip is a little lifeless..

Love my JPX 825 Pro, the first shaft that popped up for me was X100 and PX6... I ended up with R300... Love them!

Retread61

Assistant Pro
www.nutriment.co
Heard a lot of people sounding off about the golf superstores and the poor service they receive when it comes to selecting clubs. So I thought I should sing the praises of one of the most pleasurable experiences I have had in a golf shop.

Well I would like to give Peterborough American Golf at Thorpe Wood a big thumbs up. The lad I saw really knew what he was doing and managed to get a big order out of me because of this. Anyone looking for a new set of clubs should give them a go as it is on a driving range with a computerised bay they use to custom fit on. They have the full fitting system for Mizuno, PING and Cobra. ALso they do not alter the flight scope kit to make you think you are hitting the ball further as I hit my 6i and it was travelling exactly the distance I expect it to.

For those not interested in my stats and what I bought may want to stop reading at this point.

It all started with 3 swings on the Mizuno DNA to have a look at what was happening. For those that this will mean anything to, this is what it was:

Head Speed 94
Tempo 5
Toe Down 4
Kick angle 4
Release Factor 4

So from this we took my wrist to floor measurement and made up a JPX 825 Pro from the fitting cart set 2 degree upright, 1 inch long with a TT DG x100 and started hitting balls. Well first swing was 196 from a 6i :eek:. Hit a total of 5 shots and averaged 193 yards. Being slightly sceptical I grabbed my 6i from my bag and hit 5 with that and averaged 177 yards. So I now knew that the flight scope was set up correctly.

Now I tried the other options that the DNA gave for me, the Project X 6.0 and the KBS Tour X-Stiff. Both did not perform anywhere near as good as the TT DG X100.

Comparing the feedback on the screen of the 3 different shafts in the JPX compared to my 6i was unbelievable. Out of the 3 shafts the X100 was going further by about 8 yards on a lower trajectory but with a higher spin rate. Compared with my 6i it was lower, longer by about 15 yards with about 1000 extra RPM.......:confused:

Oh well enough of all that this is what will be in my bag very shortly, all will come fitted with Multicompound White-out grips.

18* & 21* MP-H4 TTDG X-100
4-PW JPX 825 Pro X-100
50* & 58* MP-T4 wedges

Hurry up Mizuno and make my new shineys up please.

Just out of curiosity did you try the Project X 6.5? Back when I could play the Flighted 6.5 was my perfect shaft.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I know that, when the Mizuno fitting software suggested my set up it shows the lofts and I saw it then. The JPX 6i is 1* weaker than my 5i, so for it to be out hitting my 5i is some serious engineering. It explains why you do not get a 3i in this set due to the distances that they hit the ball because of the stronger lofts. So all it means is I will have to take 1 club less.

Which is the opposite to my new i25's, which have more loft than my old Cobras.
I don't know how I am going to put up with the ridicule
:eek: