Thanks american golf for my new shineys

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
What's your opinion on the H4's Adey?

I haven't seen any in the local AG and there aren't any at the range.

... Good choice with the wedges BTW :thup:

The H4's are unbelievable. They did not have any in stock either but they did have one that a customer had dropped off for some custom fitting on so they let me have a whack with it. I do not like rescue clubs, but this felt really good.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Did not know that there was still an AG in Peterborough. The old one became Nevada bobs then DG. If it is the fitting team from Thorpe wood rebranded as AG then they have always had a good reputation. Will have to give the place a visit.

It is the same people and they have recently changed to AG from being an independent. HAve you been since they built the 2 tier driving range. They have moved all the flight scope kit from the indoor net into a large custom fitting bay on the range.

I have been a big critic of AG on here but I am pleased to read the OP and see someone getting a great level of service. Hope the new bats work out for you. I just think it is a shame the level of service seems to vary so much across the country. If they all offered a level like this then I'd be prepared to consider them for my next club purchase but the three stores near me are a long way from this standard

Same here Homer, that is why I felt for a change they deserve a pat on the back. I will not go anywhere else now, that is as long as they keep the same staff.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Picked the new shinies today, cant wait to get them on the course now. Another big thanks to the lads at American golf as they let me go back into the fitting bay today so I could get the distances for my new irons. Hit 3 shots with each club and got these carry distance averages:

50* Wedge 124
8i. 173
6i. 192
4i. 214
MP-H4 #2. 238

really really impressed with these clubs, they feel fantastic, especially with the X-100 shafts fitted

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Picked the new shinies today, cant wait to get them on the course now. Another big thanks to the lads at American golf as they let me go back into the fitting bay today so I could get the distances for my new irons. Hit 3 shots with each club and got these carry distance averages:

50* Wedge 124
8i. 173
6i. 192
4i. 214
MP-H4 #2. 238

really really impressed with these clubs, they feel fantastic, especially with the X-100 shafts fitted

If the 8i is carrying 173 then you must have some pretty big gaps at the short end of the bag mate

gl with the new shinies :)

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
If the 8i is carrying 173 then you must have some pretty big gaps at the short end of the bag mate

gl with the new shinies :)

I might be ok, my new set up is this at the bottom end, PW 150, 50* 120, 58* 100. Old clubs, PW 140, 54* 110, 60* 90. I much prefer having the bottom end filled and then manufacture shots with my wedges.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I might be ok, my new set up is this at the bottom end, PW 150, 50* 120, 58* 100. Old clubs, PW 140, 54* 110, 60* 90. I much prefer having the bottom end filled and then manufacture shots with my wedges.

Fair enough :) Only 2 clubs shorter than 150 yds is quite distorted imo

When the arms better be good to get another game and see them working :p

TheClaw

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

There's a 30 yard difference between your new gap wedge and your new PW....did you get a gap-gap wedge?

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
A big :thup: from me on your choices.

T4 wedges are a really good wedge.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the H4's. Are they pretty much the same as the previous MP Fli-Hi?

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
A big :thup: from me on your choices.

T4 wedges are a really good wedge.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the H4's. Are they pretty much the same as the previous MP Fli-Hi?

not been on the course yet but on the range they where fantastic, could control both a high and low ball flight and the distance was excellent. I did get them custom fitted to the rest of my irons though which will obviously help, but they slot straight into my setup perfectly and keep a nice 10 yard spacing between clubs.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
not been on the course yet but on the range they where fantastic, could control both a high and low ball flight and the distance was excellent. I did get them custom fitted to the rest of my irons though which will obviously help, but they slot straight into my setup perfectly and keep a nice 10 yard spacing between clubs.

I found the previos incarnation (MP Fli-Hi) a little firm off the face. It did give a nice 'snap' when stuck out of the middle.

Glad you're happy with them Adey :D

A

Alex1975

Enjoyed reading this post. Damn you give the ball a smash!

Did you not think to have x100 put in your wedges too?