Thank you Bobmac

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had hit a plateau at 9 h/c having come quickly down from 17. Had I not gone to see our Bobmac for a few lessons a couple of winters back I think I'd still be there. And it wasn't an overnight thing either, lots of things have to fall into place before proper progress becomes consistent but I knew what Bob had taught me was a real appreciation of what's important in the game. I've only had one lesson since then, an impromptu few holes on the course with a pro called Gary Leslie (Welton GC) who basically told me my alignment had gone way out of whack. I don't watch Youtube instruction videos and usually skip those bits in the mag, I don't want to fill my head with any more than Bob showed me.

Despite frustration at not seeing results (largely due to not being able to play thanks to work/travel commitments) I stayed patient and working at it, finally crossing the void to shot level par yesterday in the last board comp of the year, getting cut to 5.5 in the process (having started September still on 9).

Thanks Bob, if you said to me then I had a round like that in me I would have said you were barking. Legend.