TGL

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
I hope Tiger and Rory just play golf and don’t talk too much, they’re dull as dish water.
There’ll be a shed load on here curling their toes, the galleries will be full of “get in the hole” and “light the candle” esque shouts ?

could listen to rory speak all day me... anything but boring in fact he's one of the only peope in sports who actually voice their opinions rather than media trained cliches

RichA

Visit site
It looks like it aims be to golf what The Hundred is to cricket.
Pure entertainment for fans within a limited timeframe. Fun with financial reward for the players.
Golf is still a minority sport. It might appeal to an audience who don't fancy following groups of pro golfers each playing 5 hour rounds over a period of 2-4 days.
It's probably more likely to actually grow the the sport and interest non-golfers than anything else that's been floated recently. It's unlikely to harm "proper" golf for the traditionalists.
It's something a golfer might actually be able to go to with their family or a crowd of non-golfing friends.

Visit site
A few years ago, some will remember the “golf sixes” nonsense, where they claimed young people don’t have the time for 18 holes of golf and this would suit the youngsters with super busy lives.

It completely failed because the demand was manufactured and no one had actually asked for a shortened format of golf.

This feels rather similar to me. I’m not sure the demand is there…

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
could listen to rory speak all day me... anything but boring in fact he's one of the only peope in sports who actually voice their opinions rather than media trained cliches

I get what you’re saying, in interviews etc he does speak well, but as an entertainer I don’t think he has the panache to pull it off.

sunshine

Visit site
A few years ago, some will remember the “golf sixes” nonsense, where they claimed young people don’t have the time for 18 holes of golf and this would suit the youngsters with super busy lives.

It completely failed because the demand was manufactured and no one had actually asked for a shortened format of golf.

This feels rather similar to me. I’m not sure the demand is there…

I really enjoyed golf sixes, so did my kids. It has its place.

Taking my children to the Open would be too hard core for them, sixes was perfect: less walking around, quicker results, lots of entertainment.

It’s not necessarily about busy lives, but also attention span and level of engagement / commitment.

I think there will be a niche for this TMRW thing, it could be good evening fun entertainment if they get the right guests. I don’t see this as a serious event.