Texas scramble... Non adjusted score handed in

kevingopher

Medal Winner
Visit site
Can anyone advise on the correct procedure for the following ?

Played in a 3 ball Texas scramble open on Saturday, we shot 3 under so subsequently wrote 67 in the score box. What we failed to do was make the requisite 2.1 adjustment to the score, I.E write 74.9 as our adjusted score. The card was filled out correctly in all other aspects accept the handicap adjustment was not made —-our 2.1 handicap was on the card—- Does this mean we are DQ’d ? Should the 67 stand as our total score ? Or should the host course make the adjustment prior to finalising the comp and the 64.9 stands ? For clarity, the 64.9 would have put us third.

Thanks

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Your only obligation, as far as scoring is concerned for any formatt, is to write on the scorecard the correct gross score for each hole.

Not true is it, sorry not to agree with you, sorry to have a different opinion to you, but you must enter a handicap.

In out TS recently quite a few got DG'd for wrong h/c entry, which is essentially signing for a wrong score.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Not true is it, sorry not to agree with you, sorry to have a different opinion to you, but you must enter a handicap.

In out TS recently quite a few got DG'd for wrong h/c entry, which is essentially signing for a wrong score.

If you read the op’s post correctly, it clearly states the handicap adjustment of 2.1 was on the card.

So in essence they have filled in the card correctly with their gross score and the handicap adjustment just needs to come off, I don’t think that’s a dq personally.

Plus, I think your just being argumentative, especially in the way you have rabbited in your first sentence.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site

You are right of cause you must enter the players handicaps on the scorecard. You must also ensure the card is signed by the player and there marker neither of those 2 requirements have anything to do with scoring though. In the case of an incorrect handicap on the card you would be disqualified for recording the wrong handicap (rule 6-2) not for recording an incorrect score (rule 6-6).

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
If you read the op’s post correctly, it clearly states the handicap adjustment of 2.1 was on the card.

So in essence they have filled in the card correctly with their gross score and the handicap adjustment just needs to come off, I don’t think that’s a dq personally.

Plus, I think your just being argumentative, especially in the way you have rabbited in your first sentence.

You are right, but don't let facts get in the way of opinion.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As they were claiming a higher score than they were entitled to then they should not be disqualified.

A Texas Scramble is a social form of golf - surely common sense would dictate they be allowed to make the adjustment or the committee to do so - no incorrect score was entered.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
As they were claiming a higher score than they were entitled to then they should not be disqualified.

A Texas Scramble is a social form of golf - surely common sense would dictate they be allowed to make the adjustment or the committee to do so - no incorrect score was entered.

This, is the correct answer.

It's my understanding that as long as you have put your correct gross score on the card, and it's all signed etc, then the card is complete, the adjustment was on the card for the comp committee to take into consideration.

I'd be calling foul!!

kevingopher

Medal Winner
Visit site
Had a nice email from the club this morning, they have apologised for making a mistake with the scores and have honoured the result, including the 2.1 adjustment. The email did insinuate that three single figure golfers should have known better, as far as making the adjustment ourselves prior to handing in the card goes. However, happy with the outcome and I guess a —small— lesson learnt. Thanks for the advice all.