Texas Scramble Allowances

Swango1980

Visit site
In scrambles, mixed tee adjustments are still required.

For 4-person scrambles, the adjustment is equal to a quarter of the difference in Course Ratings and added for each person playing from the higher rated tees. Important: rounding of the team Playing Handicap is only done after summing all the individual unrounded allowances and adjustments.

May I suggest avoiding the arithmetic and using CONGU's mixed tee calculator.
Cheers. Good idea, I've forwarded him the spreadsheet. Calculating handicaps for WHS is best done using spreadsheets and calculators, rather than asking us regular folk to try and apply mathematics :)

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
In scrambles, mixed tee adjustments are still required.

For 4-person scrambles, the adjustment is equal to a quarter of the difference in Course Ratings and added for each person playing from the higher rated tees. Important: rounding of the team Playing Handicap is only done after summing all the individual unrounded allowances and adjustments.

May I suggest avoiding the arithmetic and using CONGU's mixed tee calculator.
Afraid it does not work on my IPad WJEM

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If the best player in the team played off +3 purse handicap would he be 0.75(0.8) which would be subtracted from the teams‘s allowance?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Each player's allowance is calculated to 2 dec places.
These are added together and the sum is rounded to a whole number. That is the team handicap.

Have you tried looking at the calculator. You can see how it works if you try different handicap indices.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Each player's allowance is calculated to 2 dec places.
These are added together and the sum is rounded to a whole number. That is the team handicap.

Have you tried looking at the calculator. You can see how it works if you try different handicap indices.
Thnks.Really sorry butstill does not work. Downloaded the pages, numbers and another to Ipad pro without success

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Please tell me our Club is wrong.

We had a Texas Scramble at the weekend and the winning Groups were 54.4, 54.7 and 54.8.

I was led to believe the scores should be in whole numbers. I.e 54, 55,55.

Please confirm this is correct and where it is stated. it would not matter for the winner in this case but the 3rd place team could move to 2nd if they had a better back 9. Please clarify.

I have no interest in the final outcome other than having the result correct as I am not in the top 3

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Please tell me our Club is wrong.

We had a Texas Scramble at the weekend and the winning Groups were 54.4, 54.7 and 54.8.

I was led to believe the scores should be in whole numbers. I.e 54, 55,55.

Please confirm this is correct and where it is stated. it would not matter for the winner in this case but the 3rd place team could move to 2nd if they had a better back 9. Please clarify.

I have no interest in the final outcome other than having the result correct as I am not in the top 3
How did your club arrive at decimal scores? The team handicap is expressed as a whole number so the net score for the team must be a whole number. Ties are resolved by the conventional 'back 9, back 6' etc or by however the Committee has declared in the terms of competition.

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
How did you club arrive at decimal scores? The team handicap is expressed as a whole number so the net score for the team must be a whole number. Ties are resolved by the conventional 'back 9, back 6' etc or by however the Committee has declared in the terms of competition.
Maybe the Committee decided that using the non-rounded team handicap in order to minimize/eliminate the work required to do break ties? Even if the Committee is wrong, it's right!

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks guys for the confirmation.There was no advice sent out prior to The Comp. and we only have 1 per annum. They may have just continued as in previous years’ although the guy in charge is very good.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
How did your club arrive at decimal scores? The team handicap is expressed as a whole number so the net score for the team must be a whole number. Ties are resolved by the conventional 'back 9, back 6' etc or by however the Committee has declared in the terms of competition.
I'd imagine because so many seem to be doing it differently.

This year has seen the following round here: Using the old system / using the new system / using the new system but not rounding the decimal point / using the new system but imposing a handicap limit.