Texas Scramble... how many drives?

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Played a Texas Scramble today, usual thing about 4 drives minimum per player.

Is there a requirement to mark whose drive was taken on the scorecard, or some way of showing each player took 4 drives. I stick an initial of the player, then circle the 4th.

My guess this isn't in the Rules.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1147

Either as above or mark next to score player A, B etc

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I use the same as Lump - put the gross score in the appropriate players column, some put a tick in that box.

Putting the score in the appropriate players box makes it easier to enter the scores on the computer as you are just reading and entering each players score one at time rather than the team score on the IG system we use.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played a Texas Scramble today, usual thing about 4 drives minimum per player.

Is there a requirement to mark whose drive was taken on the scorecard, or some way of showing each player took 4 drives. I stick an initial of the player, then circle the 4th.

My guess this isn't in the Rules.
There's nothing at all in the Rules about scrambles :geek: ;)

And my least favourite is minimum drives as I have lost a lot of distance in the last few years :cry:

Boomy

Visit site
I don’t think there are any official rules, just the ones set by the event organiser that I’ve encountered.

We always mark the score in the column of the corresponding player who tee’d off and it is checked once cards are submitted - rightly so. We played a pairs scramble at the weekend, 9 drives each to count and must include 2 x par 3’s each (we have 4 x par 3’s total) Squeaky bum time on 18 when the drive had to count (and it was down to me ?)

Pretty simple to mark the card you’d think… apparently not ?

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
We print a special card that includes a column for who's drive got used and give to one player per team when they sign in.

Swango1980

Visit site
I usually play in 3 or 4 team scrambles, so obviously the required drives is different. However, there have been several times in which I've played in a 4 team scramble, and a player is adamant that it is 5 drives each. It is always interesting to see how long it takes for them to see where the issue may lie in this requirement.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I usually play in 3 or 4 team scrambles, so obviously the required drives is different. However, there have been several times in which I've played in a 4 team scramble, and a player is adamant that it is 5 drives each. It is always interesting to see how long it takes for them to see where the issue may lie in this requirement.
:unsure:

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
Brilliant. ?