Tees Based on Handicap

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Jason.H

Visit site
So you could have a 4 ball all playing off different tees?
The 2 clubs I’ve been a member at have Whites, yellows and reds. The whites are reserved for competitions only. The yellows are general play and winter competitions and reds for women.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why would shorter hitters have a better chance of winning? Isn't that what Course Rating and Slope are for?

Course rating and slope do not always 'work'.

Where I play the difference between the CR for yellows and the CR for whites is 1.4 and there is only 4 difference in the slope rating.
The difference for me between the 2 tees is 3 shots.
Depending on which course we are playing and what my H.I. is sometimes I get 1 extra shot on my playing handicap sometimes I do not.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
At my home course it could be said for medium hitters going back to the black tees makes more sense than going onto forward tees.
When they did our course changes they put bunkers across quite a few fairways creating a bit of a barrier. Off the white tees all the big hitters can Carry them easily and in the process winning gross scores have tumbled, once in a blue moon on the old layout did someone score under par, now a handful shoot in the 60s gross every comp. Off the black tees it brings all the bunkers into play off the tee for them and the shorter 230-250 can't reach them. There's also the benefit of the CR is higher off them.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I think it’s a great idea and is usually only a suggestion.

I saw an interesting comment that the best way to calculate the length of course you play should be to take how far you hit your 5 iron and multiply it by 36!

Thats actually hit it not forum yardage btw ;)

Just read this I 4 foundations of golf book.

D-S

Visit site
Surely there must be a better equation involving - ego x actual handicap x (imagined vs. actual distance) x vanity x money spent on clubs divided by course length?