Tee for "casual" round for handicap purposes.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
If the greenstaff have put/left tee markers out that day then they are in play and able to be used. If they don't want a teeing ground used then they won't put tee markers on it
Rare for there not to be 5 tees to choose from every day. There are also 'spare' prepared teeing grounds on most par 3's to rotate tees due to the heavy use & give options for playability etc

D

Deleted member 15344

At the end of the day each course will be different - some have small teeing grounds and want to use the whites for their comps and members , some have lots of tees and use tee management so the greenstaff are doing lots of tees each day

At the end of the day I’m not bothered one single bit which tee I use , it doesn’t change my enjoyment of the course , many other things allow me to enjoy the course I’m playing

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
We have a slightly odd situation at ours, given previous threads on here suggesting (by some at least) that "all" rounds should be recorded for WHS.

Daily play is off the black tees, not a measured course eligible for WHS. Competitions are off yellows or whites, depending on the nature of the competition. Pre registered WHS rounds can be played off yellows, but we have been reminded that tees of the day for general play should be black. That seems a bit at odds with WHS.

4LEX

Visit site
Never have understood this attitude, surely you need to spread the wear and having everyone battering hell out of your yellow tees day in day out is just short sighted. We have allowed any tee to be used by anyone for years now, in reality the bulk of the play is from the yellows and and the tips get played by the good or foolish.
I hate the members only off the whites attitude when visiting another course, a bit like the visitors car park or changing room. I’ve paid far more on that day to play the course than any other member, if you don’t want me then fine just say so.
I remember asking, having paid a green fee, at Fontainebleau GC in France which tees I could play off, I got a smile and the reply ‘any tees you want, because today you are a member’. Proper golf club.

Some of the top courses in the UK are simply not playable for a 20 handicapper off the tips, or even the whites. Pace of play is helped by not having high handicappers trying to play from white or Championship tees. Nothing wrong with visitors tees IMO.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have a slightly odd situation at ours, given previous threads on here suggesting (by some at least) that "all" rounds should be recorded for WHS.

Daily play is off the black tees, not a measured course eligible for WHS. Competitions are off yellows or whites, depending on the nature of the competition. Pre registered WHS rounds can be played off yellows, but we have been reminded that tees of the day for general play should be black. That seems a bit at odds with WHS.
2.1 Acceptability of Scores
A score is acceptable for handicap purposes if the round has been played:
l On a golf course with a current Course Rating and Slope Rating,....

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
On some courses the greenkeepers place the Yellow and White tees on the same tee box and close together. It's normally done to protect white tee boxes when medals or comps are coming up.