Taylormade spider tour putters ??

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
Been fancying one of the Taylormade spider tour putters ,I think the heavyier head and high moi will help my putting and give me more confidence than I get at the moment using my bladed putter anyone else got a spider putter or used one what’s your views on them?cheers in advance

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had one and it was so good that it convinced me that I was a better putter than I actually was. So I bought a Scotty. Big mistake.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I got the red one, but with an alignment line on about 3 weeks ago with an AG trade in. Today was the first game with it on better greens and, it's really nice. I really like the stability and the roll that it imparts, I made a couple of good putts and definitely think it's staying in the bag.

Dogma

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have the black version.

Very stable and I’m looking forward to using it on some better greens.

Go and try the different coloured versions in somewhere like American Golf, as they’re all subtly different.

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
I didn’t realise all the different colours are different feel ect I thought all were the same but just different colours

Sidsidgwick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I tried a few at AG earlier in the year, felt like cheap kiddies toys to me unfortunately, really wanted to like them as well.

Absolutely agreed here, I went in with the monies to buy one and really wanted to like it but felt so light I just couldn’t bring myself to part with my cash.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i hav one - not the latest but have always wanted one as felt like the most stable and confidence-inducing putter i had tried. It is a bit battered but apart from a few bad rounds at Turnberry et al i love it - won't be looking for anything else, the driver on the other hand....

big_matt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was also surprised at how light they are. I thought the purpose of that type of putter was to be really stable and have some weight. Felt like a blade would hold a line easier. My putting is a disgrace though so could be wrong.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Yes, they are lighter in feel than they look but I soon got over that when I saw how good the roll they impart is. I have a Cure putter which really is heavy but, stroke for stroke, don't find that the spider is a shorter hitter, but it is "horses for courses" I guess.

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think last years model is just the tour all black or all red, no alignment. I picked one up for a bargain in black a few weeks ago, I enjoy putting with it. Feels like the putter does all the work, you just need to swing it back and forth.

I think the 2016 models are the alignment ones. Might be wrong. Lots of different neck options too, worth trying them out.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
The inserts are different depending on the colour of the putter IIRC. Firm, soft, medium or something on those lines, a quick Google should reveal all. I think some are lower range as well ie less expensive.