Taylormade SLDR. Falling out of love with it.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
your comment re the ball "what on earth does that mean" means exactly what it means. I played a nine hole comp with taylor made tour preferred balls for the first time and creamed it every drive bar one using the same "blame the workman" swing that is now narking me.

This is amazing, I love comments like this. You were swinging better that day, the fact you were using a different ball made absolutely zero difference to your club face delivery, and resulting strike.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Well that's strange dan because even though I have just got back from the driving range and had a natter with a couple of people/pros re why I'm there it was generally agreed that if your not striking the ball correctly some balls will create more spin and help turn your fade into a slice, and some balls are designed to give you less spin which may of helped me for nine holes.

come what may through, through this topic I have found out that some drivers are more forgiving than others through COG and other designs and some hit further? With less forgiveness and need a bit more of a cultured swing rather than just trying to leather it.

even though I have had an hour up at the range I feel I need a few more hours.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Different balls do have different amounts of spin, but not so different that changing brand of ball is going to fix obvious swing faults. Fix your game with a lesson, not by buying more/different equipment.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well that's strange dan because even though I have just got back from the driving range and had a natter with a couple of people/pros re why I'm there it was generally agreed that if your not striking the ball correctly some balls will create more spin and help turn your fade into a slice, and some balls are designed to give you less spin which may of helped me for nine holes.

come what may through, through this topic I have found out that some drivers are more forgiving than others through COG and other designs and some hit further? With less forgiveness and need a bit more of a cultured swing rather than just trying to leather it.

even though I have had an hour up at the range I feel I need a few more hours.

Your statement to a certain degree is correct. But not to the point where you've gone from dissecting the fairways to hooking it ob. The difference is not much. Dan is correct, its how you deliver the club to the ball