TaylorMade day at Woburn

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
Great review above from Wolf. An amazing day!

Particularly for me, even as a high handicapper fitting can help. It won't solve all the problems,and Mark, my TaylorMade fitter was honest about that but it will help. He showed me really clearly how it helps, and having hit the clubs he fitted me for, then going back to my set, and looking at the Trackman numbers, I came away completely convinced by that. I will never by a club off the shelf again! And I need to save up for an M6 Driver, 3 Wood and Hybrid!

The lessons form MeandMyGolf's Piers and Andy were great. I am not big on YouTube, so didn't know who they were (!) but Andy's tuition especially on chipping was fantastic - made it so clear, simple and it had immediate benefits when we played in the afternoon, especially on the 8th on The Duchess, where I played a lovely chip min front of the gallery. I loved how pleased he looked when I executed what we'd worked on. A proper coach! The short game area at Woburn is phenomenal, though I didn't try the chipping comp they had set up - I hadn't realised there was one until the end of the day, but there was a lot to fit in and the day was busy!

And playing a Tour Scramble with Ewan Ferguson was an experience I will never forget. I have never been so nervous on the tee, or over a putt as I was on the 1st. I was wearing a heart rate monitor, and my heart was beating the same as when I go for a run! But I did calm down, played a mixture of good and bad stuff, and caused some amusement with a terrible putt that ran up a slope then came back to my feet, and a chip that bounced off a sprinkle head to the base of a tree. The game is easier when you have a tour pro bombing it 300 yards up the middle, but we did take my tee shot on the 8th, which left Ewan showing us he could then hit it 200 yards round a corner!

We were wonderfully looked after by Golf Monthly, TaylorMade and Woburn, and all who were there were brilliant; staff, coaches, fitters, forumers. What a day! Can't believe my luck. Thank you all!

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
A most enjoyable day. Great to meet everyone!

Thanks to GM for putting the day on. I think we could all see how much effort went into it. Thanks also to TaylorMade, Seth and of course Andy and Piers from Me and My Golf.

maxy33

Visit site
That sounds great. It's really got me thinking about going to get fitted for clubs at a place like this.
The fact he was honest enough to tell you to stick with the putter is another bonus, as there are a lot of shysters out there.

Wolf

Visit site
That sounds great. It's really got me thinking about going to get fitted for clubs at a place like this.
The fact he was honest enough to tell you to stick with the putter is another bonus, as there are a lot of shysters out there.
I think this is what we all found, there was nobody tying to actually sell us anything. They were completely honest about clubs and just gave us free reign to decide if we like things or not. Sadly for my Mrs my wallet is going to be emptied with a driver purchase and some Wedges.. May just leave the old headcovers in though so she doesn't notice 😂

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
I was as sceptical as anyone about the “new technology” in the latest range of woods. But the numbers don’t lie. I have the M1 range of woods - driver, 3 and 5, all fitted. And the M5 was proven to show a significant reduction on dispersion on the off centre hits plus and increase of around 10 yards in distance. For me.

Last edited:

Wolf

Visit site
I was as sceptical as anyone about the “new technology” in the latest range of woods. But the numbers don’t lie. I have the M1 range of woods - driver, 3 and 5, all fitted. And the M5 was proven to show a significant reduction on dispersion on the off centre hits plus and increase of around 10 yards in distance.
Agreed I was the same, in fact I've openly slated TM and other brands on here in other threads thinking its all marketing hype.

But after yesterday the numbers simply don't lie, it was the spin rates and ball speed that really opened my eyes. With my current driver no matter how good my best shot is I simply have to low speed with to much spin so both distance and dispersion are poor. With the right fit yesterday my dispersion was so much tighter Thanks to the increased speed and reduce spin, the added distance was a lovely bonus but would seriously help scores as approaches would be so much shorter and more in play.

I'm talking myself into hitting the order button at the moment 🤔

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
It is tempting, but for me I would want to change all three of my woods at the same time to keep the feel the same across them all. Which would be costly.

If I were to make a purchase it would probably be the wedges.

Wolf

Visit site
That's it.... I've done it Driver ordered to exact spec of yesterday's set up, oh and I've ordered the HiToe Wedges as well in 54 & 58°...

Now to buy the Mrs something to soften the blow......

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
Haha, well in! Brave man.

Where did you get the specifications from for your fitting? I haven’t been sent anything yet.

Wolf

Visit site
Haha, well in! Brave man.

Where did you get the specifications from for your fitting? I haven’t been sent anything yet.
I got them from Sam the fitter at time of fitting we had an extensive chat afterwards whilst waiting for Piers to finish his first set of lessons. We talked about the numbers, specs and settings so he kindly gave me the full details of the results which he made notes of on my phone for me so that I could order the club he spec'd for me and then put the weights in the same places courtesy of a camera phone.

Wedges was sonething I went through with Graeme on the short game area, and after about a 5 min chat with Mike H I knew I would probably end up ordering them as I've long been looking to move away from my Vokey set up.

karlcole

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Completely echo the comments above. For me it was a great day, I didn't see any increase in the driver fitting as I was fit for my G400 max 2 years ago and my trackman numbers with it yesterday were optimum, to be fair to the fitter be did say he couldn't beat it which I would rather have than someone trying to sell me something I don't need.

For me the biggest surprise of the day was the spider x putters, such a lovely feel and I actually did feel the true roll insert actually worked which was a surprise as like others I'm often sceptical on those kinds of things. I liked it so much I've pushed the button and ordered one. Just need one of those British masters headcovers as despite my hints TM would not give me one 😂.

Once again a great day and great to meet you all. Thanks again to all at GM, TM, Seb and the me and my golf boys.

shane3003

Visit site
I can only reiterate everyone else’s comments, it was an exceptional day and superbly run by all involved.

I personally enjoyed the short game area, I’ve never seen or experienced anything even close to those offerings. I was blown away with the putters, I loved the Spyder X putter which made my putter feel wooden and tinny.

I was fortunate enough to win the prize in the afternoon with the Tour Scramble. As I was looking to upgrade my driver and woods anyway, I have chosen the M6 driver I was fitted for on the day.
I’m then going to put the funds to a new Spyder X putter! So I guess it’s a win win for both me and TaylorMade 😀

I will definitely be returning to Woburn to spend a day, half of it on the short game practice facility 👍

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ll check them out, thanks.

Also, did you guys find the Spyder X ball marker in the bag? It’s pretty cool

You prompted me to go through the goodie bag again, and I found it! I really like it too.

You are right about the short game area. I could have very happily spent all day there. Andy from MeandMyGolf got me chipping better than I ever have before. Woburn's pro Daniel Grieve does short game days there I see: https://dggolfpro.com/events/2019/1/25/short-game-school-tdfbd https://www.woburngolf.co.uk/our-facilities/golf-coaching/short-game-schools/ £150 for the day I believe. Very tempting.

What a brilliant day it was, and congratulations on winning the driver!